Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rararara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
    I feel like my life is ruined
    All right I'm new with this and in need of some dire help

My girl and I broke up about 3 weeks ago and I'm having a hard time with it. All my friends we happy that she broke up with me cause they thought I wasn't it. But I think differently. I still think I have a chance to get back with her. She broke up with me cause she thought that I didn't trust her and didn't want to fight with me anymore... a week ago I went to see her to grab some of my stuff that I had left there and I bought her flowers and chocolates, I wrote her 2 and a half pages what I love about her and I wrote her a poem.. when I gave her the stuff and read her the poem she cried so I thought she still cared for me and now I'm talking to her and she says I should move on.. I don't want to and I still think I can get her back... what do I do?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 04:03 PM

Quit doing the stuff you think will work, and just give her time. Your poems and flowers and candy WILL NOT change her mind. You cannot buy your way back into this.

Leave her alone, and focus your attention on fixing your issues... nothing you buy will do that, only you can.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 04:58 PM

Most ladies think flowers, and chocolates are sweet, and they are, but she still doesn't want you as a boyfriend any more, and all the gifts, and begging, will only make you look and feel bad.

Leave her alone, and save yourself a harsh lesson in humiliation, and confusion.

6 months, no contact in any shape, form, or fashion, and you will be able to see for yourself what I'm saying.

That means find something else to do, that doesn't include her.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jan 24, 2009, 02:08 AM

I know it feels like your life is ruined - no, you are just really hurt that it is over and that she wants you to move on. It just hurts to say good-bye - especially if you are not the one that wants this. You want to continue the relationship - but she has made a decision. Don't beat yourself up over it - you are already hurt. Telling yourself that your life is ruined is just another knife through your heart. Stop. Recognize that you loved and cared for her - and that this is going to help you to move on in time. Why? Because you knew you loved her and it meant a lot to you. It shows your love for another person and that you can love. Right now you just need to take a break - you are going to get through this, you are going to be all right. Stay positive and support yourself through this - get out with friends, write, stay busy - and hey, cry if you need to, that's OK too. Take care.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:23 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but begging and groveling is not attractive to anyone, of any sex, ANYWHERE. It just makes you lose respect for a person.

'If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.' - I think this sums up the situation better than I ever could.
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Jan 24, 2009, 06:41 AM

Hey mate, you're life isn't ruined. You really shouldn't feel so bad about it, it's not the end of the world. I know you only meant well by writing her that poem, those 2 pages, buying her those things - but the simple truth is that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you and you have to accept it.

I'm afraid you just can't buy your way back into the relationship, because if you did, deep down in your heart you would know that it wouldn't be real.

I'm sure as you read all of our responses you might be feeling despair or immense sadness, but don't fret. There are plenty more fish in the sea - and as long as you haven't done anything that could have ruined your relationship with that girl, you can walk away from it feeling good with a clear conscience.

You've showed that you're capable of loving, so save your heart for someone else - this girl doesn't want your love, and she's probably not worhy of it for breaking it off so plainly - so just forget her.

As talaniman mentioned take your mind off her. I can't stress this enough. Sure it might be hard the first week or two, but trust me you will get over her. Go play some team sports, go out with your buddies, watch movies, get some work done - just forget about her.

It'll all turn out well in the end - it always does.

Take care,
    -Xm8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have ruined my life.and don't know what to do [ 4 Answers ]

I moved to Canada (a new country) to be with this man that I love... I sold my house... spent all my money on immigration and moving... made my kids change schools... and all along thought since he is a really good man its for the better. My kids will have the father they deserve (my ex hasn't been...

Stupidity ruined my life. [ 1 Answers ]

Up until April of 2006, I had custody of my son who is now 5. I got in with the wrong crowd and got into drugs. Yes stupid Iknow, I am paying for it. Anyhow, my ex got temporary custody of my son for the time being. In the court papers, it states that I am to do a weekly drug test at my own...

I feel like I screwed up my life. [ 3 Answers ]

I know it sounds bad that I feel this way but I just can't help it. I have been in a relationship with a man for about 4 years now. He has a child who has just turned 8. We have all ways got along fine. Now I have had a baby and it feels like a lot has been taken away from me. The step child's...

Help, I feel as though my life is over [ 1 Answers ]

If someone could please help me, I'm feeling so desperate. On 5/30/05, my fiancé (7/31/78) and I (08/08/77) broke up. We met in October of 04, and became engaged on V-Day of this year. On our first date, I felt he was the 'one'. Never in my life did I feel I a connection the way I did with him. We...

View more questions Search