Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Gorilla glue goes solid and unusable!
    I bought my second bottle of Gorilla glue about 6 months ago. I got rid of the first bottle because I had let the glue get solid and unmeltable. This time, I carefully read the directions to prevent it from getting solid and... it's solid! I don't use it very often but $5 or $6 for one use is ridiculous! Does anyone know how to keep this glue usable? It's great when you can use it... but!!
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 22, 2009, 05:24 PM

Yes I have found also that that glue gets unusable within about 4 months or so... following the directions is a good thing of course, and I have followed them.. but still, glue is no good after several months...
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 06:08 PM

AQlthough these pictures, nor description give justice to the cap design, I've stored water soluble flux in them that always dried out in the manufacturer's container.

It's the lid that's the problem. I believe these have sort of in inverted dome in the cap that seals things tight. Minimizing the volume will help too. See if you can find the smallest size to transfer too. Note the bottle isn't cheap either.

My flux was $20, so it was a wise investment.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 11:07 PM

Remember that G glue is activated by moisture. It is therefore important to keep the moisture from the air out of the glue. Most bottles have a difficult time doing that.

Heat can cause carbon Dioxide to be created and can burst the container.

Gorilla claims a 1 year shelf life opened.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Jan 23, 2009, 07:45 AM

Try this after the first use cover the cap tightly with kitchen plastic wrap just enough to cover the cap tightly and be careful where you store it. Gorilla glue is affected by temperature as well as humidity. I have a bottle 6 months old just went and checked it still works good. I keep mine in a cabinet in my mudroom so its fairly well climate controlled. GOOD LUCK, AC
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 08:38 AM

Too late now but that is a good tip if I ever buy the stuff again! Right now it is like a rock and I was hoping someone would have a tip for softening it!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:41 PM

Can't be "softened" as you put it. You have to throw it out as once it cures, it's not able to be reconstituted and used as new material.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monster/gorilla/werewolf breaks through the window and kills the daughter. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was hoping someone could please help me identify a movie. It was a horror movie from either the 70's or 80's maybe ealry 90's, and all I recall is that a girl is upstairs doing her make up or getting ready to go out and her mother is down stairs vaccuming. Then a...

Gorilla cage [ 3 Answers ]

A zoo keeper, on his first day on the job, is cleaning out the gorilla cage when he discovers that the gorilla is dead! He immediately tell his boss and asks him what to do. His boss tells him 'The zoo will be opening in less then an hour, so you'd better go down to the fancy dress shop and get a...

Gorilla Glue [ 1 Answers ]

What are the active ingredients in plain Gorilla Glue?

Gorilla on the drums (uk) [ 5 Answers ]

Great advert, but what has a gorilla playing the drums got to do with cadbury's chocolate?

Solid Peer [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I hope Iv'e clicked on to the right section, my problem every time I go on the net I am plagued by this pop up "Solid Peer" how do I stop it invading my computer? Thanks Nev Grant

View more questions Search