Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moon_k Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Frigidaire Electric Dryer is not getting hot
    I recently purchased a used Frigidaire electric stackable washer & dryer. The dryer gets warm but it does not get hot. I have cleaned out the lint and the vents in the back. Last night I washed 1 set of queen sheets (not flannel or anything heavy) and it took over 2.5 hrs for the sheets to dry and they were somewhat warm but not hot - usually it takes 2 - 3 times to dry one load of laundery. Any suggestions?:confused:

Jan 22, 2009, 02:14 PM

Oh yea, the model # is GLET1142CSO
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 11:34 PM

MOON_K - I think you need to check the thermostat:: If it was not heating I would say THE HEATING ELEMENT or the heat protectors
    NOW also you could have some stoppage in the VENT GOING Through THE WALL< CHECK OUTSIDE TO MAKE SURE THE VENT FLAPS ARE OPERATING AND take the dryer vent off where it goes through the wall and check the vent pipe for some kind of blochages: IF you need help on how to check the thermostat and other controls and parts ,come back and holler on this post:: Good luck and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Jan 23, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    MOON_K - I think you need to check the thermostat:: If it was not heating I would say THE HEATING ELEMENT or the heat protectors
    NOW also you could have some stoppage in the VENT GOING THRU THE WALL< CHECK OUTSIDE TO MAKE SURE THE VENT FLAPS ARE OPERATING AND take the dryer vent off where it goes thru the wall and check the vent pipe for some kind of blochages: IF you need help on how to check the thermostat and other controls and parts ,come back and holler on this post:: Good luck and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

I cleaned out the vent going into the dryer and the one going into the wall to the outside of my apartment - I went outside to check the dryer flap but its located on the outside of the building between the first and second floor and I have no way to reach it. How do I check the thermostat?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 11:23 PM

Moon_K - #1- DO you have a ( VOLT-OHM meter) IF not you can get a reasable cost one at Lowe's OR HOME DEPOT IN the electrical dept. Get one that you can go to 220 VOLTS A>C>(#2-) UNPLUG THE DRYER CORD FROM THE WALL> PULL THE UNIT OUT FROM THE WALL OS YOU CAN GET IN THE BACK SIDE TO WHERE YOU WILL HAVE TO BE ::} ( #3_) You will have to remove the control panel to get to where you can test the -THERMOSTAT< START SWITCH<TIMER SWITCH.:: OK NOW set the volt ohm meter to RX1 SCALE,( #4A)
    TO test the thermostat- Disconnect both of the leads ( WIRES) comeing to it , CLIP OR hold the probs from the vmeter ,one to each wire terminal, TURN THERMOSTAT TO ANY SETING EXCEPT ( Fluff dry) IF meter reads ( ZERO ) the thermostat is good ,if it reads HIGH, it is faulty,REPLACE< REPLACE WIRES YOU REMOVED::( #2b)- TO TEST START SWITCH_ DISCONNECT THE HEAVY WIRES FROM THE SWITCH_ CLIP METER PROBS TO THE TERMINALS< PRESS the SWITCH BUTTON IF meter reads ZERO OHMS, SWITCH IS OK IF it reads high,IT IS DEFECTIVE,REPLACE,REPLACE WIRES YOU REMOVED::( #3C)- TO test the TIMER:: Disconnect one of the wires ,clip a prob to each terminal, TURN TIMER TO NORMAL DRY
    IF METER reads ( ZERO ) ohms ,it is good,if it reads HIGH,it is DEFECTIVE <REPLACE ;; REplace wires you took off( #3 ) - TO test the heating element for GROUNDING- DISCONNECT BOTH WIRES < Clip or touch a prob to ONE of the terminals and the other prob to the metal duct the element is in ,IF meter reads HIGH it is OK,IF needle swings toward the low side it is defective ,REPLACE
    (#4D)-TO test the heating element- TOUCH or clip a prob to each of the terminals on the element ( WIRES STILL DISCONNECTED) IF meter reads between ( 8 and 20 ohms )element IS OK, IF it reads higher it is defective ,REPLACE,REPLACE WIRES NOW::.
    ( #5E)-TO TEST THE HEAT PROTECTORS-DISCONNECT ONE OF THE WIRES TO IT , CLIP THE PROBS TO THE TERMINALS < IF THE METER READS ( ZERO ) OHMS IT IS GOOD IF IT READS HIGH< REPLACE ITS FAULTY.( NOTE) -Some units have three wire protectors - IF yours does then touch or clip the probs to the two outerr terminals, ALSO LOOK ON THE REST OF THE OUTGOING VENT FOR ANOTHER PROTECTOR:: HOPER THIS gets you going & helps , LET ME know;; HAVE A GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.
    Dominico27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 09:05 PM
    It sounds like you have a similar problem as me. I have the same stack-able W/D Frigidaire unit. I tested mine by holding down the pin that tells the dryer that the door is closed and watched with the dryer door open the drum spin. The heating element warmed up and eventually glowed bright orange as expected from a properly working dryer.

The problem was that about 3-4 minutes into the dry cycle the drum kept spinning but the element turned off.

Any idea how to fix this? Timer? Thermostat?

Thanks,

Dominic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the thermal limiter. I have taken the screws out of the clips, but can't get to the part. The top won't come lose.

Frigidaire electric stove model cfef357cs2 elements in oven will not work [ 2 Answers ]

Fridigidaire stove digital panel elements in oven will not come on the elements themselves are fine

Installing a frigidaire electric dryer gallery series [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up the wires in the back of the dryer, there are 4 wires and I need to know what color wire goes where.

Frigidaire Electric Dryer belt problems [ 3 Answers ]

I've had a Frigidaire electric dryer for 5 1/2 years.( model # FDEB23RGS1) Back in December, the belt broke and I bought a replacement at an appliance supply store. Electrolux makes the belt and it says on the package that it's made for Frigidaire dryers.(Appliance Parts from Repairclinic.com -...

Frigidaire Dryer not getting hot [ 0 Answers ]

Okay, after reading everything I can find, especially information from appleguy, I'm looking at one of two possible fuses for why the dryer isn't heating up. Looking at the parts manual, I can't figure out which of 2 it might be: 1. Thermostat,Safety Or 2. Thermal Limiter

View more questions Search