Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresapost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 05:24 AM
    When do W2's get sent out?
    When do the unemployment W2's get mailed out? How are they distributed?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 05:56 AM

Hi, teresapost!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 06:36 AM

They will be mailed by Jan 31 .
    Many states offer them online. Had you been filing and doing your weekly reports online, you may wish to log into your account and see if your state offers them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2009, 06:44 AM

By law organization issuing W2s and 1099s have to mail them by the end of January.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 11:07 AM
    You will NOT get a W-2 for the unemployment compensation; you will get a Form 1099-G.

More than likely, you can access your state's Department of Labor website and download your Form 1099-G from that website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two W2's [ 3 Answers ]

I have two W2's and Im filling out the State Tax form. Do I add my W2's together or do it separately?

Different W2's [ 2 Answers ]

CAn you file your w2's seperatley? Like, if you already filed one, and forgot about another one, can you go back to file it later?

W2's [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file my taxes without a w2 form?

W2's [ 2 Answers ]

My husband worked for a company for about 6 months last year the engraved wine bottles. When we tried to get a hold of them about sending him his W2 their number has been disconnected. I have tried calling bridal shows to see get a phone number with no help, I've tried looking online for their...

W2's [ 1 Answers ]

I had two jobs during 05, and received two W2's. Do I combine the amounts and file once or do I have do to two separate filings.

View more questions Search