Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kierstanvaughan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Over flow when running washing machine
    When I run my washing machine my toilet over flows and my bath tub has at least 10 inches of water in it. Why does it do that? Please help so I don't have to spend money for a plumber to come to my house
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Jan 19, 2009, 07:22 PM

If you have a septic tank, it might be full & require pumping out by a sewer /plumbing company. If you are on municipal sewage, the most likely culprit is a clogged or obstructed main drain line. Rent a power snake & run it through the washing machine drain down through the drain line. This is what a plumber would do & charge you for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water flow is slow in washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a filter on a washing machine. The water flow is very slow on my Maytag. I have checked the water valve to make sure it is turned on all the way. I have also made sure there aren't any kinks in the hose.

Washing machine back flow. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a maytag washing mashine before, and I replaced by a Roper vertical. I can see a back flush I guess, when the washing mashin is in use. The washing machine is in the far right side of the house and we can not use the toilet on that side of the house. Do you think the septic tank is full or...

Water running into washing machine stinks [ 1 Answers ]

I am smelling sewage gas from my ac vents... mostly the return vent which is at the ceiling in a small hallway... the smell concentrates in that hallway.. there is a half bath in that hall as well... the smell is not so much in the bathroom... i also will get the smell on the other side of the...

Washing machine vibrates badly, even when running empty! [ 1 Answers ]

My Fridgidair washing machine has vibrated badly it seems like since we bought it about 3 years ago. It's not an unbalanced load, because I've tested it without any cloths in it, shouldn't it run nice a smooth without anything in it? I tried levelling it several times and it hasn't worked. ...

View more questions Search