Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amina11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 08:08 AM
    I want to see my daughter
    My child's mother will not let me see my daughter. I want to be a father to my daughter. I want to see her and spend time, however bacause our relationship did not become what she thought she is angry and me. I pay child support, I live in Illinois. How can I make sure I see her. What are my rights?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 08:50 AM

If you are paying child support I assume it is court ordered. Go back to that court and request visitation be established. This will ensure your rights are maintained.

The court doesn't care if she is angry with you. She will comply with the court order or be found in contempt of court and possibly face jail time.

You do not need a lawyer for this, but if you have the money, it could never hurt. It might increase the amount of visitation you are initially given.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

I'm going to see my daughter soon? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to see my daughter soon?

Last name of my daughter [ 5 Answers ]

I am a new mother. My daughter is 7 weeks old. There was a question from the beginning of the pregnancy for the child's paternity between two men; one being a bad mistake and the other being the man I'd been dating for the last 5 years. When the time came time to be born the man I was dating wanted...

My daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My partner has been with me since my daughte was 3 she is now away to be 7 she has not seen her real dad since she was 4 .she sees my partner as her dad although see knows how her real dad is. I have a son to my partner and one one the way and my daughter was to have the same name as them. And my...

View more questions Search