Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovely27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:12 AM
    How do I get my car to start if its flooded. It may be out of gas, but its above e
    Cars flooded what can I do to get it to start? It is not out of gas the gas hand is above the empty mark. What can I do I tried to charge the battery, but it want stay crunk
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 01:19 PM

Find the relay for the fuel pump. Pull it out, crank the car over a few times; that should burn off the excess fuel in the cylinders. Put the relay back and try it again.
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 04:26 PM

If you can't find the relay, just wait about 20 minutes to a half hour and try again. It should kick over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Mazda Tribute runs fine, then unexpectedly won't start (acts flooded) [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for some help with troubleshooting an intermittent problem we're having with our 2001 Mazda Tribute: The car will run just fine, then out of the blue we'll get stranded somewhere when we make a stop. The car cranks and sounds like it will start... but behaves as if it is...

Apartment is flooded [ 5 Answers ]

My upstairs neighbor had a pipe break and now my carpet is soaking wet and the landlord is doing nothing about. She said that she would put some stuff on the carpet so that the mold and mildew won't grow. I think that the carpet and the tile in the bathroom and kitchen so be changed. I would like...

Flooded car [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone, My car a suzuki baleno got flooded in knee deep water. She stalled. I cranked it once while it was still inside water. She won't crank. I had it pushed out and towed to nearest service centre. Car must have been inside water for about 15 minutes. ...

Flooded basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a split level where the finished lower level windows are at ground level. We flooded during a heavy Noreaster storm (the water was coming up through the foundation) and had to rip out our wall-to-wall carpeting. Before we replace the carpeting, we need to assure this flooding won't happen...

Flooded basement [ 2 Answers ]

We have a split level where the finished lower level windows are at ground level. We flooded during a heavy Noreaster storm (the water was coming up through the foundation) and had to rip out our wall-to-wall carpeting. Before we replace the carpeting, we need to assure this flooding won't happen...

View more questions Search