Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skup2009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Bryant 383kv won't light error code 14, what part do I replace
    The thermostat is calling for heat, 65 deg, the temperature is only 58 and furnace is in lock down showing error code 14. The furnace is a Bryant 383KAV. If I cycle the power to the furnace off and then on again, the furnace will start and run in a normal fashion.

This has been happening more and more frequently. It seems to happen more in the mornings. I have been researching this problem online. Could this be that I just need to replace the flame sensor? Or Should I replace the main circuit board in the furnace?

Please advise.:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Look on the back of the blower door diagram and post what it says about code 14.

Jan 8, 2009, 01:44 PM
    I am not at the furnace right now.

I remember code 14 said to refer to code 34. This was a flame lock out mode. It said to try to clean flame sensor. And that it would reset in 3 hours after 3 unsuccessful tries at lighting.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Turn power off, then back on to cancel lockout. Observe operating sequence for the next 5 minutes. Should go like this: 1) Blower runs for 90-120 seconds while LED displays "12". 2) Blower stops, inducer starts, 20-30 seconds. 3) Ignitor pre-heats, 34 seconds. 4) Gas control is powered, main burners light,and furnace preheats, 20-30 seconds. 5) Blower starts and runs for duration of heating cycle. If any step of this sequence is unsuccessful, the LED will display a code. I would expect a repeat of what was experienced previously. Give it a go & let us know.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Did someone say clean the flame sensor? I am in the money again. LOL
    Attached Images

Jan 9, 2009, 05:51 AM
    I cleaned the flame sensor. The furnace ran all night with no problems. It was running normal this morning when I awoke. Knock on wood! I plan to buy a new flame sensor today and install it.

Thanks, for all of your help! This was my first time on this site. This is a great resource to have!

Thanks to all who contribute.
    LolaT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 05:08 PM
    How do you remove the flame sensor? Does it just pull out? Is there a screw?
    Suburbadad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 12:29 PM
    In my case it was a small bolt, which a socket wrench removed. The placement and look differed somewhat from the photo, but the photo was valuable, as I'm not used to doing this level of step. VERY helpful post. Thank you HVAC1000.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Plus 80 Error code 33 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I'm new on here so bear with me. I found a similuar post on the Bryant 80 but I believe I have a different model... not sure how much that matters. The only model number I could find on the unit was CK5AXA036017AAAA The Error code is 33 Limit or flame roll out switch is open. The furnace...

Bryant 395cav error code 31 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Bryant CAV395024070 furnace that's taking a code 31. When I run a component test, the inducer motor comes on, sometimes for only a second, sometimes for the proper amount of time, sometimes not at all. The remainder of the components all go through the test no matter what the inducer motor...

Bryant 352MAV and error code 32 [ 49 Answers ]

Our furnace worked last night but this AM it didn't. It's a 3 year old Bryant 352MAV, installed horizontally. It's giving error 32. I've spent much of the day working with it. I'm more than handy but don't really know much about hvac. I found that the idiots that installed it (and who are now...

Bryant plus 80 error code 31 [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant Plus 80 furnace - Error code 31 What are the corrective measures to put this furnace back to producing heat? There is power, the fan works but there is no heat. We lost power recently but it worked after that. Last evening there were high winds which were indicated on the code...

Bryant 383KAV error code 34 [ 1 Answers ]

After reading a couple of posts, I cleaned the flame sensor. When that didn't work, I bought a new one and installed it. I am still getting the same code. The burner lights for approximately 3-5 seconds, then cuts off. The thermostat is calling for heat. What am I missing?

View more questions Search