Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrats1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
    1st offense - 2 counts misdemeanor - Marijuana/narcotic equipment
    My son was arrested and charged with 1 count misdemeanor - marijuana - possess not more than 20 grams and 1 count misdemeanor - narcotic equipment possess and/or use. He is 18 and this is his first offense as an adult, he had a lessor charge when he was a minor but it is not supposed to show on his record. When he was arrested he told the officer of the charge and the officer looked it up and then my son was arrested. I need to know if this this will be looked at as a first offense since he is now an adult and if I need to retain a lawyer for his initial appearance in court and since they have the evidence of these items that if he should pled guility or no contest?
    rudai123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 02:26 PM

I would get a lawyer. It won't cost you that much. You will want to throw out your son's testimony about his offense as a minor which should have been sealed when he turned 18.
    A good place to find a lawyer is TargetLaw Search Engine - Search and target the lawyer you need
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 06:09 AM
    Hello r:

The real CRIMINAL here is the state for arresting your son for a harmless herb... But, I digress...

Yes, hire a lawyer for your son.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation officer wants doctor to sign no narcotic like paine reliver [ 10 Answers ]

I really have no problem personally with the title I think its good for a addict but not someone like me with chronic gout, I can't even stand a sheet or blanket on my leg when my gout flares up. I consider myself a highly experinced ex con, I have been out of the"Game" for a while. ...

How Long Do Narcotic Medications Stay In Your System? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know about how long do narcotic medications such as Perkacet or Loritabs stay in your system after use?? Does it depend on the amount taken?? :confused:

First Offense Marijuana Possession/Hud Voucher [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know the ground of losing an hud section 8 voucher regarding criminal Activity arrest.If you're convicted of 1st crime simple possession marijuana(1 joint) Which will be misdemeanor,and are renting a home(not public housing),and you Were arrested and charged,can your vocher be...

Are their any pain medications that actually work that are non-narcotic [ 3 Answers ]

Two steel hips, 3 slipped disk, 1 disintergrated in my neck. Most of the time I get by but sudden weather changes and days when I can't walk or have to ride long distances really hurt.

View more questions Search