Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathy everhart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Legally getting rid of 18-year old deadbeat step-son
    I want to get rid of my 18-yr. old step son. He has been living w. my husband and me since Aug. 08, and has broken our verbal agreement regarding the conditions of him staying w. us. He refuses to do anything we ask, is rude and extremely disrespectful. We live in Maryland. Is there a fast way to legally make him leave? Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy everhart View Post
    I want to get rid of my 18-yr. old step son. he has been living w. my husband and me since Aug. 08, and has broken our verbal agreement regarding the conditions of him staying w. us. He refuses to do anything we ask, is rude and extremely disrespectful. We live in Maryland. Is there a fast way to legally make him leave? Thanks!!

No fast way - he has to be evicted.

I'd give him written notice to leave and also file for his eviction. I see nothing about a three day notice (required in other States) and it appears that you simply go to the Court in your area that handles evictions and file a 30 day notice which gives him exactly that - 30 days to leave voluntarily or be thrown out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How can I legally kick my 33 year old son out of my house? [ 4 Answers ]

My son and his wife moved in on the premise that they would pay rent and half of the bills to help me through hard times. They have lived with me since September of 2007 and have only eaten me out of house and home and ran my electric bill up. They have probably only paid three bills in the 11...

Can I legally evict my 18 year old daughter from my apartment? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old daughter with a 3 month old and I would like her to leave my home. She had some boys over and they stole my property in my home. She is on the lease, but I pay rent and she doesn't work or contribute anything to the household. What do I need to do?

4 year G/F broke up with me. Going NC for now (again), but what's the next step? [ 33 Answers ]

Okay, I'll try to summarize this as best as possible. My G/F of 4 years broke up with me the beginning of April. I'm 27, she's 32. Things had been declining in the affection department 2 months prior and she was stressed out doing her masters degree, which began in Jan. That was a big factor...

View more questions Search