Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jh110946 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 09:50 AM
    DVR hook-up to VCR/DVD player
    I have Dish network Satellite with dvr. How do I connect my sony VCR/DVD recorder/player that and my Philips TV to watch pre recorded tapes and discs? Dish is of no help whatever.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jan 4, 2009, 06:17 PM

Assuming your satellite provider hasn't inflicted some sort of Digital Rights Management (DRM) on the satellite receiver output:

Connect the satellite receiver's composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (red and white) outputs to the VCR/DVD recorder's inputs with the matching colors.

Connect the VCR/DVD recorder composite video and stereo audio (see common color coding above) outputs to the matching input connections on the TV.

With this configuration you may need to turn your VCR/DVD recorder on to watch satellite TV or material recorded on the receiver/DVR (may vary depending on your VCR/DVD recorder's signal pass through functions).
    leannepaustian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 06:39 AM
    What if you have an older TV that just the coax cable cord that goes to the directv dvr box. My TV only has the one plug in the back. How do hook up the dvd player to go through the dvr box? Does the TV need to be on a certain channel after this is done? If it is possible. I know that it can be done because when they were here to install the dish and box, they asked if I had anything (dvd or vcr) to hook up or add at the time of installation. They just want more money for a field call to come to the house and I think that is awful. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    dsgriffith64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 01:11 AM
    I hook up my dvr and my dvd/vcr/recorder but I can't turn off my dvd/vcr with out
    Loseing my satellite my dvd/vcr remote control I can't even push tv/vcr button
    To go to regular TV I use to be able to all thease things but not any more sense
    My dvr went out on me and they sent me a new one I hook up everything the way it said to but nothing so what's the next step could you help me
    dsgriffith64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 01:18 AM
    You said I may need to turn on mydvd/vcr to watch satellite TV I never had to do this before

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't hook up my VCR / DVD Player [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: I have an Emerson TV, I don't know the model number or serial numbers but I do know its kind of new. It was given to me without any instructions or manuels. My problem is this: I tried to hook up my VCR / DVD machine and I can't figure it out. I can hook everything up but I can't find...

Hook up hard drive to dvd player [ 1 Answers ]

How can I hook my hard drive to dvd player with a usb connection?

View more questions Search