Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richardson I Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 02:51 PM
    How do I find out who owns a particular property on line
    I often pass by property that I feel has potential. How do I find out who owns the property so I may contact that person or company.
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Jan 4, 2009, 02:52 PM

Hi can you please advise where you are based and also the property area's that you have interest in, so someone may help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardson I View Post
    I often pass by property that I feel has potential. How do I find out who owns the property so I may contact that person or company.

City/County Tax Assessor -
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 03:30 PM

If the taxing authority where the property is located, whether it be county or city, has a web site, you can enter any information that you have about the property, such as the legal discription and if you do not have that enter the address of the property. This should give you any information about the tax information on the property.

It will not give you any information about if the taxes are in arrears.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    If the taxing authority where the property is located, whether it be county or city, has a web site, you can enter any information that you have about the property, such as the legal discription and if you do not have that enter the address of the property. This should give you any information about the tax information on the property.

It will not give you any information about if the taxes are in arrears.

In many localties you can either stop into the office or call on the phone - I have never used a website for property ownership and I do at least one of these property checks a week. I also never trust online info - it is only as good as the person who "keyed" it in or as recent as the last update.

It must depend on the State or area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find who owns this property [ 7 Answers ]

How do I find who ownes a piece of property? I am looking a lot that has been sitting thrie fir 30 years and can't find out who ownes it. If any body can help please let me know. Thanks Melvin

How can I find out who owns a vacant property [ 2 Answers ]

A house in our neighborhood has been vacant and neglected for over a year. Is there any way to find out who owns it without paying for website/search fees? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Who owns this property [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out who own property at 27035 sea breeze way wesley chapel fl

Who owns this property? [ 2 Answers ]

Who is the owner of 55 Rosslyn Hill, London, NW3?

Who owns property [ 2 Answers ]

There is a vacant parking garage on 2102 samson street philadelphia pa 19103 who owns it? Is it for sale or lease lease?

View more questions Search