Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesd05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Fan runs constantly
    The fan on my Carrier runs non-stop. The burner kicks on from time-to-time, but the fan is a constant. It never did this until a few weeks ago (settings didn't change). I put new batteries in the thermostat to see if that would help - it didn't. Any ideas to get the fan to shut off?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Make sure the fan is set to auto and not on
    jamesd05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 10:42 AM
    The fan is set to auto.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Post model # of unit if possible, look for a diagnostic LED behind a clear plug, if present and blinking observe pattern, then consult service label for translation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well Pump runs constantly [ 8 Answers ]

I have a well where I get my yard water from. It has a 1/1/2 hp sears motor with a foot valve. My problem is is that the pump just started running and it will not turn off. I have to turn it off at the breaker switch. Just before this began to happen the pump was not turning on until the water...

Goodman blower runs constantly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a Goodman furnace and had no idea if the furnace worked or not. The thermostat had the wires from the wall cut with no thermostat, so I replaced it. I'm not sure if the thermostat is wired properly... The wires coming from the wall contain 2 wires, red and white....

Rtvscan runs constantly. [ 3 Answers ]

I have SAV 10 Corporate edition on my site.the Rtvscan run all the time on the pc's. It that OK?

Ducane fan runs constantly [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it possible to the fan to my ducane unit (VL30-284T+D-10+DS) to continue running even after I have uninstalled the thermostat? (Removed it from the wall) I've read some postings here and think it might be the relay button. Is there something I can try or do I need to call a professional?...

AC fan runs constantly [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new home last fall and noticed that the AC fan was running constantly. Replaced the old thermostat with a programmable version. Didn't really use the air much after that but it has been working the heat pump all winter with no problems. Now we are starting to use the AC again and...

View more questions Search