Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Remote opener for OH door model 556
    I have an overhead door garage opener model 556 and purchased a Chamberlin universal remote control that supposedly work with ALL opener. Has anyone had success using this remote with this opener? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2008, 03:18 PM

There are different frequencies used, THAT universal MAY not work.
    Here are a couple:
    index
    See if you can get receiver info.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2008, 03:22 PM

See if this helps:
    US Door Control - Chamberlain & Lift-Master Compatibility Chart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost Garage Door Remote Opener [ 4 Answers ]

I lost my garage door remote opener. Unfortunately, this is a detached garage, i.e. garage by itself with no door or windows to get in beside the garage door itself. I can buy a new garage door opener but without being able to open the garage, how can I reprogram this new opener to open my...

Remote garage door opener (reprogram) [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Can't find owners manual to Craftsman 1/2 remote garage door opener. I believe I accidentally erased codes from garage ceiling unit. There is a learn button, I know how to change the code on the outside keypad, but how do I reprogram the unit on the ceiling of the garage to accept the new...

Remote control for garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

I have an "Overhead Door, Model 656 Garage Door Opener" and I ran over the only remote I have. I bought a universal opener that turns out not to be so universal. I want to try resetting the dip switches, but I can't find them. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Electric remote for garage door opener [ 4 Answers ]

My garage door opener doesn't work. The wiring is inside the wall and to fix it I would have to tear out a section of the garage wall. I'd have to call an electrician. So I've been using the remote in my car, but it's a bother. I bought another remote from ACE hardware just like it but apparently...

Remote garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a home with a Craftsman remote garage door opener that is outside the garage. Model # 139.53876 with push bottons 1-0 (no # and no *). I know the old four code number but need to know how to change the code with a new code number.

View more questions Search