Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RogerL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Generator puts out low voltage
    My Coleman 5000 watt generator starts easy and runs great but is only putting out 190 volts. Brushes are like new. Anyone have a suggestion?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2008, 04:27 PM

Best idea that I have is that the rotor needs to be re-flashed. Meaning an electrical pulse is given to the rotor to re-magnetize it. I don't know specifics for your model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generator voltage too high [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to lower this voltage . Rpm and cycles are good , I've changed the voltage regulator, checked windings and exciter field. I was thinking about putting a resistor inline to reduce this high voltage problem. T he generator is a generac 7000 EXL 12250 surge. Please help. [...

Generator voltage output too low [ 2 Answers ]

I have this 10 month old SDMO 6KVA (3.8KW) generator (with Yanmar LE100 diesel engine) which has worked OK until recently. All of a sudden I noticed that the output voltage is nowhere near the rated 230volts. On no load it measures about 210 volts and drops to about 170-180volts when loaded to...

Generator voltage 440 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Powermate 5000. Ran well last year in snow power outage. Pluged it in this year and lost several TV and computers. Checked all the plugs and wireing, and at last found the generator was putting out 220 on each leg of the 220, and putting out 220 on the 110 side. What's wrong?

Generator Voltage [ 2 Answers ]

HELP: I have a new Coleman 1350 generator that has 2 - 120 volt receptacles on it. The problem is that the 120 volt receptacles are putting out 240 volts. I've looked for some way to get the right wiring combination, but I don't see any way to correct. The company who made the generator is no...

View more questions Search