Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanjk1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 12:52 AM
    I found this pill in my kids room!
    First of all, hello I am Sue and new to this!
    Second... I found this pill, well 6 of them, in my daughters glass case in her room.
    It is white, long about 1/2 inch and has either CPC/ QPC or OPC and the numbers 2826 on one side only... I am leaning on the letters more to CPC. I don't know what this is and am concernend about it. Please help me find out what it is and HOPE with me that this is just some form of PMS pll!!
    Thank you
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 01:01 AM
    CPC is a form of high-dose acetaminophen (high-strength Tylenol) made by Contract Pharmeceutical Corporation. They're usually used as a form of pain relief ie: back, sore muscles, sports injuries. I know this because I played footeball for many years. CPC comes in many different dosage amountsmand can range from a 250mg-750mg. Now these are simple non-asprin (they don't thin the blood) pain med. Since you said it was your daughter she could be using them for cramps, PMSing, etc... but it's also important you sit and talk with her about the responsibilities of managing here own medications and the implications. I hope this helps!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:09 AM

Hi, susanjk1!

There are a number of sites that are specifically designed for the identifications of pills out there on the Internet. You can find them via clicking on the following link.

Drug Identification - Google Search

Here is the link to one site in particular.

Pill Identifier - Drugs.com

Another thing that you might want to try is to take them to a pharmacist who can visit with you personally and also identify them because of the professional resources that they have available that are kept up to date.

In order for me to be responsible here, that's the best ideas that I can give to you for the identification as to what you found. Even if I had some sort of drug reference in hand, I would still recommend that you seek out the professional advice of a pharmacist or a site specifically designed for identification, recommendation and proper disposal if that is necessary.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    CPC is a form of high-dose acetaminophen (high-strength Tylenol) made by Contract Pharmeceutical Corporation. They're usually used as a form of pain relief ie: back, sore muscles, sports injuries. I know this because I played footeball for many years. CPC comes in many different dosage amountsmand can range from a 250mg-750mg. Now these are simple non-asprin (they don't thin the blood) pain med. Since you said it was your daughter she could be using them for cramps, PMSing, etc.... but it's also important you sit and talk with her about the responsibilities of managing here own medications and the implications. I hope this helps!
    susanjk1 isn't sure whether the markings are CPC/ QPC or OPC. I'm not sure what it is. And, in order to protect the poster, her daughter, myself and this site, I'm not going to take the risk of saying that it's definitely one thing when it might be another. I'm not a pharmacist who can see the pills first hand and who can thus give a professional, accurate evaluation.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:22 AM

Comments on this post
    ITstudent2006 agrees: completely agree. I respect that answer a lot!
    Thank you for your positive comment, ITstudent2006! I appreciate and respect the fact that you wrote that! You operate quickly here and want to be helpful, that's good! There have been problems in the past though when someone has wanted to use this site in order to positively identify a medication of some kind and the answers that people have given have varied widely.

There is a liability issue here...

In my opinion, best to be sending them somewhere else for ours as well as their best interests and protection.

Thanks!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 01:29 AM
    CPC 2826 is a PMS tablet sold by CVS Pharmacies. I am not trying to give wrong information. If the poster says it was white, oblong, and she THINKS it said CPC but for sure said 2826. Look it up, CPC 2826. PMS Tablet. But I defintely agree when the other poster says to take affirmative action and double-check with a pharmacist. The health of the child and everyone involved is the bottom-line and I will do what I can to protect you'se.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Found in my sons room [ 14 Answers ]

I found 2 of these in my sons room, they look old. They look like something that would be used for smoking pot. Is it? Why would he have 2? I wanted to find out for sure what these are before I go getting ahead of myself because he is usually a good kid. I have never touched the stuff in my life so...

Found in Teen room white round pill with 2410 on it.Below it is like a cursive V? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a white pill in my teens room that is white round, larder than an aspirin with the numbers 2410 and a cursive or looks like a swooping V below the number. What is this pill?

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it? [ 3 Answers ]

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it?

I found a pill in my room but not sure what it is [ 2 Answers ]

It is white, scored, oblong and has a "V" in script on one side and the numbers 35 on one side of the pill and 92 on the other. I'm thinking it's either Darvocet or Vicodin, but I'm not sure.

I found a pill in my teenager's room. [ 1 Answers ]

I am worried that it might be something bad. It is white and oval or egg-shaped and has blue arrows on each side. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search