Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharmy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Best face cream?
    My body became lighter than my face and neck colour. Previously I have done bleaching my face due to the fuzzy hairs but now I stopped. My skin is very sensitive, I do not know which cream is really helpful for my face problem. Right now I am using Dove sensitive day cream and SPF 15. If anyone know any best cream, then please reply:)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 18, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Sensitive skin has a fine texture with a tendency to be much rosier than you think. This type of skin is very soft and prone to allergies. Factors like sunlight, cosmetic like strong perfume causes allergy and dermatitis. Avoid perfumes and strong scented creams and lotion. Use a cream that's designed for your sensitive skin. You can try Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin, or look for a cream that says (for sensitive skin) on the box.

Jul 19, 2006, 10:48 AM
    I'm using Dove sensitive day cream which has no perfume but it does has steric acid. Is it bad to use the product which contain steric acid? Do you know any cream to tighten the pore? My mother has visible pores around her neck and cheeks area also I do have few pores around cheeks. I thought if I use witch hazel toner it may help to tighten the pore but no improvement:confused:( . Thank you for your reply... :)
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Stearic acid is a colorless, odorless, wax-like fatty acid. It's used in face creams and body care products. Stearic acid isn't really bad for the skin.

Using an astringent/toner after cleansing helps to tighten the pores and refresh the skin. Oil-free creams helps tightens pores as well. Ponds all day Oil Control Cream or other oil control creams like it will shrink the pores.

Jul 21, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Thank you prettylady for your answers:) I have some pigmentation around my chin and lip area but don't know how to remove them, it is not too dark but less colour than my normal colour. I was kind of brown colour before nearly three months. Recently my whole body colour is changing, when I compare with my face it is little bit darker than my body colour. Is it something wrong with the face cream I am using? Or is it because I used to do the bleach? I think it is going to take time to get better... If you can please suggest me what do I have to do...
    -

Jul 21, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Because darker skinned people and people of color have more pigment in their skin to begin with, they are more likely to have uneven skin tone. The UV-rays from the sun can also increase melanin, which can cause dark marks on the skin. It's very important to wear a sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater.

Skin agents like glycolic acid, kojic acid, azeleic acid, and soy, can help lighten discoloration. Apply it twice a day to the problems areas and it will gradually even out your skin tone.

Jul 23, 2006, 08:22 AM
    As I was researching on Google for the cream which will solve the pigmentation, I have found the cream name Fair and lovely multivitamins. They claimed that cream is suitable for all skin type and it has Niacinamide( Vitamin B3) which will solve the problem in a month. I have found the following information on Ebay site;

Unbeatable skin care products from Fair & Lovely. Glowing skin in 4 weeks!

The world's no.1 fairness cream, now redefines the route to fairness with the new advanced multiVitamin FairnessXNourishment formula

Patented, Silicone enhanced vanishing cream gives matte effect on skin that lasts Triple Sunscreen system, protects from the sun's darkening UVA and UVB rays. .

Allantoin, activates the FAL vitamin system to give you radiant fairness.

Four essential vitamins that works on your skin:

Vitamin B3, Fair & Lovely's proven fairness vitamin for over twenty five years, at never-before levels, works from within to restrict melanin, makes skin visibly fairer.
    Vitamin C, gives even-toned fairness, reduces discolouration, provides natural glow to skin.
    Vitamin A, enhances skin elasticity, strengthens skin cells, smoothens and nourishes skin.
    Vitamin E, hydrates the skin from within, protects skin from free radicals, nourishes and rejuvenates it
    ingredients:

Niacinamide(VITAMIN B3),

Tocopheryl Acetate(VITAMIN E Derivative).

Motivational Ingredients:

Sodium Ascorbyl Phospate (VITAMIN C Derivative)

Retinyl Palmitate(VITAMIN A Derivative)

Direction for Usage:

For best results apply twice daily.

For external use only.

ABOUT FAIR AND LOVELY :

Fair and lovely is manufactured by indian Giant company HINDUSTAN LEVER LTD.,

Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL), a 51%-owned subsidiary of Anglo-Dutch giant Unilever, has been prying its way into India since 1888. India's largest consumer goods company, HHL markets products such as beverages, food, and home and personal care goods. Its power brands includes PEARS SOAP, DOVE Soap, LUX soap, FAIR AND LOVELY skin cares, Kwality Wall's ice cream, Lifebuoy soap, Lipton tea, Pepsodent toothpaste, and Surf laundry detergent, PONDS facials etc.

Do you think it is really what they say for? :confused: I am asking this question to you because you know more than me. Thank you...
    -

Jul 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
    These so-call fairness creams will not help to pigmentation on your face. You will need to use something stronger. Using skin creams that contains kojic acid or hydroquinone on the effected area will help fade the discoloration. Glycolic peels can also improve your skin's texture and appearance.

Jul 26, 2006, 04:58 PM
    The main problem I have is that I do have some fuzzy hair on my face because of fuzzy hairs I do thread. No other hair removel method work or suit me than threading. Every time when I do thread pimples pop up then it will disappear after a week. This is continuely happening to me? Will you suggest me what do I have to do before I thread or after I thread. And Please tell me if you happen to know good facial scrub for sensitive skin type. Sorry my english is not good enough:) Currently I am using Dove Sensitive cleanser, and Day cream.
    -

Jul 27, 2006, 10:06 PM
    Your english is very good. Threading can cause infection in the hair follicles and irritation which can cause breakouts. I suggest that you try waxing to remove unwanted hair instead of threading. If you have sensitive skin, you should not use harsh abrasive scrubs. People with sensitive skin should use a mild facial scrub. You can try Clean & Clear or Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub. It will gently remove excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells to reveal softer skin.

Jul 28, 2006, 07:46 AM
    I did try hot and cold wax before I get into threading. When I wax pimples pop up more than when I do thread. Even waxing left mark which took nearly two months to disappear. I asked about scrub because after I thread some white head appear around my lip:(. I have been using Dove daily scrub after I thread but whenever I use it pimples pop up. Last night I didn't use the scrub and no pimples appear. If I cannot use scrub then what will I do to remove whitehead? I have used Neutrogena products before and didn't work out for me. I will try to give a shot to clean and clear. Thank you...
    -

Jul 30, 2006, 11:10 PM
    By gently washing with warm water and a mild cleanser twice a day is the first step toward eliminating whiteheads. Cleansing through gentle exfoliation can assist in removing some whiteheads and cut down on their formation by keeping the skin's epidermis smooth and thin. A gentle exfoliating scrub or clay mask used weekly removes surface debris and cleanse the pores. Peels with alpha hydroxy acid or beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) can be used periodically at home to treat the affected areas.

Extraction is another way that a dermatologist can remove whiteheads by using a sterile, pen-like instrument, or lancet. The skin is cleansed so that the pores are opened and the instrument is used by a medical professional to remove plugged skin cells and sebum. The procedure is usually followed by the application of an antibiotic cream. Although loop-like instruments are available for home removal of whiteheads, if done improperly, cysts and scarring can occur. Extraction is most safely done at a dermatologist's office, where the instruments are sterile and a skilled professional can assess your skin.

Jul 31, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Thank you for your reply:) If I have any more doubt then I will certainly talk with you though. Right now I am using Clean and Clear product for me:)
    sara_07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Isn't It Dangerous To Use Creams That Contain Kojic Acid Or Hydroquine? Or Only If U Use It Long Term?
    -

Sep 21, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Hydroquinone 2% creams are sold over-the-counter. Hydroquinone can gradually lighten skin conditions such as acne spots, freckles, age spots, and other unwanted areas of melanin hyperpigmentation. Most dermatologists use a higher percent of hydroquinone to treat patients with hyperpigmentation problems. This lightening agent can be used up to 3-6 months. It should be used as directed by your dermatologist.

Kojic acid is an inhibitor of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Kojic acid inhibits the catecholase activity of tyrosinase, which is the rate-limiting, essential enzyme in the biosynthesis of the skin pigment melanin. Melanocytes treated with kojic acid become nondendritic with a decreased melanin content. Kojic acid can be widely used in food aseptic, antioxidant of frease and food, antistaling agent of fruit and veggie, and color-care antistaling agent of meat products and marine products.
    p_shan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 01:36 PM

If you have sensitive skin please don't use Fair and Lovely. I happened to use it one time and the very next day my face and neck was all itchy and my eyes were swollen. If you have acne scars or want to brighten your skin try Godiva products (www.godiva.inc). They are supposed to be work really good.
    mike1215 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy View Post
    As I was researching on google for the cream which will solve the pigmentation, I have found the cream name Fair and lovely multivitamins. They claimed that cream is suitable for all skin type and it has Niacinamide( Vitamin B3) which will solve the problem in a month. I have found the following information on Ebay site;

The world's no.1 fairness cream, now redefines the route to fairness with the new advanced multiVitamin FairnessXNourishment formula

Patented, Silicone enhanced vanishing cream gives matte effect on skin that lasts Triple Sunscreen system, protects from the sun's darkening UVA and UVB rays. .

Vitamin B3, Fair & Lovely's proven fairness vitamin for over twenty five years, at never-before levels, works from within to restrict melanin, makes skin visibly fairer.
    Vitamin C, gives even-toned fairness, reduces discolouration, provides natural glow to skin.
    Vitamin A, enhances skin elasticity, strengthens skin cells, smoothens and nourishes skin.
    Vitamin E, hydrates the skin from within, protects skin from free radicals, nourishes and rejuvenates it
    ingredients:

Niacinamide(VITAMIN B3),

Direction for Usage:

For external use only.

ABOUT FAIR AND LOVELY :

Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL), a 51%-owned subsidiary of Anglo-Dutch giant Unilever, has been prying its way into India since 1888. India's largest consumer goods company, HHL markets products such as beverages, food, and home and personal care goods. Its power brands includes PEARS SOAP, DOVE Soap, LUX soap, FAIR AND LOVELY skin cares, Kwality Wall's ice cream, Lifebuoy soap, Lipton tea, Pepsodent toothpaste, and Surf laundry detergent, PONDS facials etc.

Do you think it is really what they say for? :confused: I am asking this question to you because you know more than me. Thank you...

Hi am new here. Last few days I have been reading product reviews about skin lightening .
    But know one thinks positive always thinking negative anyway just to let you know Fair and Lovely does work I've been using it for 14years and still using the cream and its the best fairness cream on market. Use it for long time you will see great result plus it doesn't harm your skin at all. Using this cream made me pale white . In summer my skin is pink in winter my face is chin red and nose in a way what am trying to say it's the best cream on the market and it works. When I used it first time it took only weeks to see result don't forget dark skin will take time and if you are yellow skin use it you will see the result in no time .just don't use it for week and say or doesn't work and then move to another you need to have trust it will work. And the price is best they have beaten nur76. Fair and Lovely cream is the no 1 each tube cost you only £3. look at the diffrence nur 76 is £97 tube size are 30g each and Fair and Lovely tube 25g is £3 +pp so Fair and Lovely is best not just the price but the product as well take my advise use Fair and Lovely see the result your skin will glow in dark and your skin will look so beautiful. Hope this help and don't forget this does not have any harmfull bleach or etc
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1215 View Post
    hi am new here. last few days i have been reading product reviews about skin lightening .
    but know one thinks postive always thinking negative anyway just to let you know Fair and Lovely does work i've been using it for 14years and still using the cream and its the best fairness cream on market. use it for long time you will see great result plus it doesnt harm your skin at all. using this cream made me pale white . in summer my skin is pink in winter my face is chin red and nose in a way what am trying to say its the best cream on the market and it works. when i used it first time it took only weeks to see result dont forget dark skin will take time and if you are yellow skin use it u will see the result in no time .just dont use it for week and say or doesnt work and then move to another you need to have trust it will work. and the price is best they have beaten nur76. Fair and Lovely cream is the no 1 each tube cost you only £3. look at the diffrence nur 76 is £97 tube size are 30g each and Fair and Lovely tube 25g is £3 +pp so Fair and Lovely is best not just the price but the product aswell take my advise use Fair and Lovely see the result your skin will glow in dark and your skin will look so beautiful. hope this help and dont forget this does not have any harmfull bleach or etc
    Mike stop spamming! No one wants to try your mercury-based products
    flowerybeauty Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 01:10 PM
    I work as a consmetician and you never ever recommend somebody products with crappy ingredients in them, no matter how good people think they are. Such as olay, clean and clean, neutrogena.
    These ingrediets have cancer causing cells called parabens and if possible you must avoid them as much as you can. For sensitive skin Dove is good, prevens is excellent, a french brand Avene... if you have the money to spend on this you will not regret. A normal face cream is amaizng in avene and costs about 30 dollars.

Hope this helps
    mike1215 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy View Post
    As I was researching on google for the cream which will solve the pigmentation, I have found the cream name Fair and lovely multivitamins. They claimed that cream is suitable for all skin type and it has Niacinamide( Vitamin B3) which will solve the problem in a month. I have found the following information on Ebay site;

ingredients:

Niacinamide(VITAMIN B3),

Direction for Usage:

For external use only.

ABOUT FAIR AND LOVELY :

Its true they do work I am using Fair and lovely almost 14yrs now and still using it . It's the best fairness cream on the market. Your skin does glow in dark and trust me use it don't use a week and say or it doesn't work have to give time. Fair and lovely price is so good where in other crap cream you have to pay so much but the efect takes so many years to see result because they put less faireness ingredents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on face [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my one month old baby girl is getting little flesh colored bumps around her checks and the back of her head, I was woundering if this is normal or if there is something I can do to prevent it. Thank you, Mike

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Do I take this at face value [ 9 Answers ]

We were together for 8 years. We had a quarrel - he no longer wanted to see me - now 1 month later he sends the following - he is an aquarius I am a scorpion. Where do I go from here - I have always pictured myself growing old with him Most of the anger has subsided but the hurt and...

Patches on face [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 month old lab has little patches of what looks like dried up skin around his eyes and muzzle. Does any one know what these could be? Thanks

Face Fats [ 2 Answers ]

I am 87 kg and 175 cm tall, am not chubby but I have a lot of fats I don't want around my waist and in my face, I need to lose like 5 kg but most important is how to los emy FACE FATS? There are no excersies for that, I have plenty of fats in my checks and chin, keep moving up and down when I...

View more questions Search