Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Dec 11, 2008, 07:05 AM
    US Treasury deposits money into my account?
    The other day I was checking my online banking and apparently the US treasury deposited money into my account. Now it was a small amount, less than a dollar. But the guy at the bank couldn't explain the REASON for the deposit, he just offered that they do that sometimes to make sure they have the right bank account before depositing a larger amount of money. But my father in law, the skeptic that he is, warned that they do that when they want to TAKE money away. My husband is active duty military, we have filed tax returns every year without fail, we have never received any kind of social security benefits, as we are both in our 20's. Can anyone explain why they might be messing with out checking account?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 06:05 AM

Do you have any reason to believe they might take money from you?

Its possible that they caught an accounting error and paid you something they owed you. You also state that your husband is active military? Did it come from the same source as his paycheck (its been a while - I don't remember the address from my army checks).

And if it remains a mystery, you could always call the treasury department and ask.
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Dec 16, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Actually I figured it out... when the military is deployed they use these things called Eagle Cash cards that are linked to the SM's bank account and there was money left on my husband's card when it expired so they refunded it to us. Thanks a bunch!
    jasper2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Thank you ashley it just happened to us and I was freaking out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treasury account [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone know what your treasury account is? What information do you have on this subject. Thanks.

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

Money being put into my account that is not mine [ 3 Answers ]

Right, it's a complicated one but stay with me. I knew I had a dd coming out of my halifax single account and into my halifax joint account for £340 but I didn't have enough funds in it so I made a one off payment through the internet from my abbey bank account as I was in the process of changing...

Money being put into my account that is not mine [ 2 Answers ]

Right, it's a complicated one but stay with me. I knew I had a dd coming out of my halifax single account and into my halifax joint account for £340 but I didn't have enough funds in it so I made a one off payment through the internet from my abbey bank account as I was in the process of changing...

View more questions Search