Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    headshed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 03:03 PM
    My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on
    I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH 055. Please help me! It has been really cold here in Ohio! Thanks!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Another one I hoped somebody else would answer. If it has a conventional thermocouple, they are cheap and easy to replace.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2006, 02:13 PM
    My guess is the gas valve is bad.
    PASSERVE Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 05:50 PM

Is the pilot flame present when you put a flame to it ? Usually you depress the pilot knob and release it after a min. Not sure what you mean by not popping up
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Very old post
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 13, 2008, 10:40 PM

Holy irrelevant posts Batman!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Blower on Intertherm Furnace [ 6 Answers ]

This is an older furnace.It works fine sometimes! I raised the tstat and nothing happened, I pushed the fan switch from auto to on and it worked-back to auto and it didn't work. When I checked the breakers and flipped them off and back on the blower started.Any idea where the problem may be? ...

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

My Furnace won't kick on even after I've manually primed it 10 times [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why I can't seem to keep the furnace running I prime it it stays on for 2 minutes then shuts down even before the blower starts . What's up with the red light near the reset button

Furnace Won't Go On [ 2 Answers ]

The pilot light is on but the furnace won't go on. I turned the thermostat way up and it still won't go on. The circuit breaker is on. Thanks... we're freezing here in buffalo today

View more questions Search