Ask
    cyndi711 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Sec violation when processing credit card
    What does SEC Violation mean when processing a credit card? Thanks
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 06:07 AM

Im just guessing, but it sounds to me like the credit card is frozen because the holder is under investigation for security fraud or something similar.

Interesting though - I've never heard of it.

Why do you ask?
    cyndi711 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:20 AM
    I was trying to process a customers credit card & was getting that message.
    benjammin56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 11:34 PM
    It is not accepting the security code. Try to run the card without the security code and it should work.
    EastSideHunky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Yes, SEC Violation means the 3 digit CCV security code off the back of the card is wrong or somehow incorrect, for whatever reason. Just override that question on your machine and it will likely process
    rachellech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 06:25 PM
    The code "Sec Violation" means security violation/ It is bad to run the card without the security code and process it because it could be a fraudulent transaction.

See this link:

http://www.paysimple.com/paysimple30_help/ps30/a7-cc-failure-codes/Directory_of_Credit_Card_Failure_Codes.htm
    From that it says:

"Description: Sec Violation
    Failure Code: 63
    Failure Code Definition:
    Security Violation

What it Means:
    The three digit CVV2 code on the back of Visa/MasterCard/Discover cards, or the four digit CID code on the front of American Express cards is in an invalid format or is for some other configuration reason invalid.
    NOTE: This error will not occur if the number simply does not match the one assigned to the card.

What to Do:
    Attempt the transaction again without entering a CVV2/CID number. It should process normally.
    NOTE: For added security, you may want to double check with your customer and get a corrected CVV2/CID code. An invalid code can be a red flag for a fraudulent transaction."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Currently on H1 can I change to L1A for quick Green card processing [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for company a in India for 2 years and came to US for the same company on H1B - My HR is advising me to transfer to L1A for Processing Green Card under EB1C ( Executives and Managers) category for faster processing. My question are:- How much time does it take for a H1B to L1A...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

View more questions Search