Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcookvt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Chevy G20 van won't start
    My '82 Chevy G20 5.0L van won't start. I put in a new battery (probably not necessary) and the lights work, but nothing happens when I turn the key (the accessories won't work either: for example, the fan does not com on when I turn the key.

Any ideas? I know that electrical problems can take a while to pinpoint, which is why I'd like to keep it away from my mechanic.

(I was guessing that the ignition switch itself is shot).

Thanks
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jul 19, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Before getting into the ignition switch, I would check the condition of the battery cables and fusable link(s).
    sweaver12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Check 4 b+ at the starter solinoid when someone turn the key if b+ is present try rapping on the starter while an assistant attempts to start. If it starts it's a bad starter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1979 chevy pickup won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have 1979 chevy pickup that just won't start I replaced the clutch drove it a couple of days and I just won't start I have plenty of spark and gas getting to the plugs I have replaced everything in the distrubetor I just can't figure it out please help Thank you:confused:

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

1991 G-20 chevy van 5.7 [ 2 Answers ]

I went out to start van nothing happens .changed battery checked all wiring still nothing.dome light,horn ,and head light work.any suggestions to help me out thanks ed

1977 Chevy love [ 1 Answers ]

What up everybody, I have a 1977 Chevy Luv on my hands and I want to make it a truck that I can go out in the hills and really do some off roading. What should I do to it to make it look like a off roading bad boy, and so I can protect everything I need to protect. Thanks

Need for 79 chevy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a diagram of the wiring harness for 1979 3/4 ton 4*4 chevy pickup I need to know which wires run to the starter and which post on the starter do they go to Thank you Josh

View more questions Search