Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannon1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 10:26 AM
    How can I estimate the amount of my tax return?
    I only have one more check to receive and I just wanted to get an estimate of how much I will be getting back this year for my income taxes.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 10:28 AM

I always get back whatever the amount is in the box that says
    Federal income tax withheld. But then if you are eligible for the EIC then it is more and if Obama does another stimulus then it will even be more.
    Make sure when you file you claim 1 dependent.
    If you claimed 1 on your w-4 then you might not get anything or much of anything back.
    Always claim 0 dependents on the w-4 and then 1 when you file.
    If you claimed more than 0 talk to your employer to change it.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 8, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Shannon:

If you send me the information on the paystub, I can do an estimate of your tax return. You also need to tell me in which state do you live.

Email the information to [email protected].
    ninagirl33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 07:34 PM
    I made 17,000 for the year they took out 800.00 federal and 492.00 state how much will I get if I have 1 son a husband that is not working and I'm claming head of household

Jan 15, 2009, 07:37 PM

I have made 17,000.00 for the year the federal took 800.00 and the state took472.00 I am claming head of household and I have a husband that is not working and 1 son that is 11 years old

Jan 15, 2009, 07:40 PM
    I made 17,000.00 this year the federal took 800.00 and the state took 400.00 I have a son that is 11 and a husband that is out of work how much will I get back

Jan 15, 2009, 07:44 PM

I live in Alabama I have my check stub
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 08:49 AM
    NinaGirl33:

You will NOT file HoH, but rather jointly with your husband.

You will get ALL of the withheld federal taxes ($800) back and probably most of the Alabama taxes back as well.

You will also get an Earned Income Credit and probably the $1,000 Child Tax Credit as well. I expect that your total refund (state and federal) will probably exceed $3,000.

If you email me at [email protected] with the information, I can do an exact estimate for you this evening.
    pamcouch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I made 5500.00 this year I have 1 child and I'm divorcei

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you estimate the required rate of return on a share of preferred stock if you [ 2 Answers ]

How do you estimate the required rate of return on a share of preferred stock if you know its market price and its dividend?

How do I estimate? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to start a small powerwashing business,can someone tell me what the going rates are for deck washing and sealing. I am in the central jersey area Do you charge by the sq. ft and how much?

Painting estimate [ 1 Answers ]

Painting estimates

Confusion with return amount with 1099 MISC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was contracted for part of 2006. My total earnings for the year were reported on a single 1099-MISC and were for the amount of $4,150 and I had no withholdings what so ever. Also my first son was born in September of 2006. I used one of the online tax preparation programs that I got...

Home value estimate [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know a website where I can have an estimate of my home without entering my personal details. I have noted that several sites which can provide this information ask for SSN numbers etc. is anyone out there aware of any site that can provide this estimate for free. I just want to have...

View more questions Search