Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elisette Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Are all of those shampoo ads lies?
    Well, my hair is naturally dark, long and straight, and I've always liked to kept it "smooth and sleek" always super straight. But I did a BIG damage to my hair, I was brushing my hair with one of those roll on brushes and i was in such a hurry that morining that it got all caught and tangled in my hair, so i just could not get it out so i was pulling it off very careful, i finally did get it off BUT my hair tore and broke, soo since then I've had AWFUL flyaways and FRIZZ!!!! of course I would not let my hair that way so i straighten it everyday (which that doesnt work very much either). And to make matters worse I have dyed my hair about 4 or 5 times in less than 5 months!!! soo i REALLY DO want to go back to that AMAZING HAIR DAY, but sometimes it's tooo impossible because i've tried Granier Fructis, Pantene ProV (smooth and sleek), Pantene ProV (hydrating), Dove, Suave, Thermasilk,..etc, and I also have tried the whole system that comes with those shampoos, but they NEVER WORK the only thing that Kind-of gets my hair a little unruly is the straightening iron!!! PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO BRING HAIR BACK TO LIFE PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 15, 2006, 12:25 AM
    As far as I know, all hair is dead, so it's pretty difficult to bring it back to life.
    Are shampoo ads lies? Well, hair does get dirty, and shampoo does clean it.
    But the other stuff is just clever wordage to sell the product.
    One of the most brilliant instructions on a bottle of shampoo was "lather, rinse, repeat". They doubled their sales!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Try Infusium 23 Leave-In Treatment Frizz Control for frizzy unruly hair. We use it here as my daughter is on a swim team and her long blonde hair is exposed daily, for lengthy periods, to the nasty effects of chlorine. We just love it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
    If your hair is frizzy or brittle, do a deep conditioning treatment once a week. You can also take a few drops of hair conditioner, then apply it to damp, clean hair and work through evenly. Distribute from roots to ends. If possible let it dry naturally, but if you prefer to blow dry your hair. Use a round brush and blow dry your hair in sections, following the brush down through your hair, it will make your hair smooth. Follow up with your flat iron, and then smooth over your hair with a few drops hair serum. Afterwards, sprits some hairspray, it tames and calms flyaway hair.
    Elisette Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    If your hair is frizzy or brittle, do a deep conditioning treatment once a week. You can also take a few drops of hair conditioner, then apply it to damp, clean hair and work through evenly. Distribute from roots to ends. If possible let it dry naturally, but if you prefer to blow dry your hair. Use a round brush and blow dry your hair in sections, following the brush down through your hair, it will make your hair smooth. Follow up with your flat iron, and then smooth over your hair with a few drops hair serum. Afterwards, sprits some hairspray, it tames and calms flyaway hair.
    what kind of deep conditioning, and what drops of hair conditioner?
    HunieLiaka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Use a good shampoo, condtioner, and a deep condtioner. Also try to oil your hair. Carrot cream or Infusim leave in condtioner (brown tab bottle) makes the hair stronger and Castor oil make the hair thicker. Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and Nexxus Humctress are the best for dry, weak hair. Biolage Ultra Hydrating balm or Organic Root Stimulator hair Mayoniese excellent deep condtioners. Crème of Nature is also another good mosutrizing shampoo. If you use styling products often, then try to use a good clyarfying shampoo once every week to aviod buildup.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Jul 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
    I personally have naturally wavy hair, but like to wear it straight more often then curly. I have highlighted/lowlighted my hair for years... and have always found that over the counter products have never done ANYTHING for me. I prefer Biolage as my top choice for shampoo/conditioner and I use the kind for color treated hair. I also use the conditioning balm twice per week. This has always worked for me, and Biolage is one of the cheeper salon shampoos. Just my opinion.

Also, I straight iron my hair as well, but I use a ceramic straightener... you can buy one of these at your local Sally beauty supply store. After I use that I put a product called "glass"by Paul Mitchell... and a pea sized amount goes a long way... it helps with the fly aways etc.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 18, 2006, 07:34 PM
    You don't need to use hair oils nor put a lot of products on your hair. Look for a shampoo and conditioner that's designed for your hair type. A weekly deep conditioning treatment can also be helpful, especially if your hair is frizzy or damaged. Try browsing in a drug store or beauty supply store for a deep conditioning treatment that eliminates frizzy hair. You can do a treatment at least once or twice a week. Whenever you wash your hair, apply a few drops of the conditioner you normally use, to damp hair and leave it in your hair, it will protect you're hair while your out in the sun, and it will also combat frizziness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

Helping stop the lies [ 5 Answers ]

I want to stop lying but I need help. I have all these things I made up and I don't want to tell my friends because they will hate me. I know the thing is I should stop lying but I don't want to. Its like I'm addicted to lying. Could it be possible to be addicted to lying. So hears the question: ...

Vosene Shampoo [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I bought vosene original shampoo yesterday as I was advised it would fade my already fading dark hair colour. Has anybody else tried vosene shampoo and has it worked for you? If so how long does it take? Thanks

Shampoo [ 10 Answers ]

Is it true that you should change shampoos every once in a while, because your hair gets used to the shampoo? And if so, is this true even if you're already using an expensive salon shampoo? Thanks.

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search