Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shantans Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Should a 11 year old girl be able to date 11 yr boy ?

help do you think a 11 year old can date I need answers please well like holding hands holding each other
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2008, 07:31 PM

No, I think 11 is too young to be seriously dating. You are still a child and need to be a child a little longer.

What do you parents say?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 07:33 PM

Yeah, maybe not date, but be friends? Sure!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 07:36 PM

Holding hands and hugging is not a date.

Besides, like Scott said, eleven is much too early to be thinking about the opposite sex. Learn how to diagram sentences, know your multiplication tables forwards and backwards instantly, and learn the location of all the world's countries and their capitals. And are you ready for your state history test? Did you make your bed this morning? Did you eat three nutritious meals today? Have you finished your homework for Monday? Have you been behaving like someone everyone wishes they knew better? Have you obeyed your mom and dad? If not, you don't have time for "dates" yet.

Dec 6, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Holding hands and hugging is not a date.

Besides, like Scott said, eleven is much too early to be thinking about the opposite sex. Learn how to diagram sentences, know your multiplication tables forwards and backwards instantly, and learn the location of all the world's countries and their capitals. And are you ready for your state history test? Did you make your bed this morning? Did you eat three nutritious meals today? Have you finished your homework for Monday? Have you been behaving like someone everyone wishes they knew better? Have you obeyed your mom and dad? If not, you don't have time for "dates" yet
    Hey I'm 4.0 I've known the guy for 4 years what's it opinion now
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shantans View Post
    hey I'm 4.0 I've known the guy for 4 years what's it opinion now
    Same.

At your age, I knew all sorts of guys for four years and more. I didn't date alone with a guy until I was 16. Meanwhile, I did my homework, did my chores at home, won scholarships for college, and ended up with a very nice career. Hugging and dating happen soon enough.

I notice you didn't answer my questions...
    lisa45 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2008, 08:39 PM
    No way. 11 is too young. You are still in primary school, you need to study on school and freindships, and family. You have no room in your life at the moment for kissing etc and you all know that kissing leads to sex, which you are definitely too young for. I think 11 is too young.

Dec 6, 2008, 08:53 PM

Hey don't go crazy!!

Dec 6, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Should 11 year old be able to go out with a boy holding hands etc
    :rolleyes:hey u guys just wondering could a 11yr old girl be bffs and then say they both like each other pass notes saying hey want to hang out no into kissing but still kind of u know say they like each other it will be nice if to leave answer ah I know 11 not a age for kissing and sex ;):eek:

Hay I'm not dumb 4.0 student
    bored987 Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2008, 09:06 PM

You I think that it is fine, I had my first boyfriend when I was 12. It's fine as long as you don't get 2 serrious (at least until you are older)

Dec 6, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bored987 View Post
    ya i think that it is fine, i had my first boyfriend when i was 12. it's fine as long as u dont get 2 serrious (at least untill u r older)
    Hey thanks so bord u
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shantans View Post
    hey don't go crazy!!!!!
    You either. Do your homework for Monday.
    lisa45 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
    Yeah that's fine & cute. It's good practise for when you aer older :)
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 6, 2008, 11:26 PM

Why the heck shouldn't 12yearolds date?
    I mean they can't really drive to the movies, but they could hang out and kiss and share a soda or whatever

Dec 6, 2008, 11:29 PM

If you find the right person at 11 years old then you should do everything u can to b with them.

But probably 99.999 percent of the time it isn't the right person when your that young!

Just see how things work out. Do what feels natural to you, listen to your heart
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim-awesim View Post
    do what feels natural to you, listen to your heart
    That's how we end up with unwed mothers or girls getting abortions at age 12 and 13.

Dec 7, 2008, 12:36 AM
    That's how we end up with unwed mothers or girls getting abortions at age 12 and 13.
    I said heart, not penis/vagina
    I never said 11 year olds should be having sex. I said if you think you love someone, you shouldn't let them go
    bored987 Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Dec 7, 2008, 12:50 AM
    There is nothing wrong with an 11 year old girl dateing an 11 year old boy, I did when I was 11(which was 2 years ago) and nothing bad ever happened to me. By what she said its just harmless fun and that's what it was for me. Not every thing leads to "unwed mothers or girls getting abortions at age 12 and 13" any smart girl knows how to protect herself from that.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 01:40 AM
    First of all, what is the definition of dating at 11? Holding hands? Passing notes that say "your face looks like butterfly wings"? If that's it, then go for it. I also started dating someone when I was 11, so was he. We were together for 7 years. We didn't kiss until we were 15. And never had sex. If this is just a boy and a girl hanging out, then OK. With parental supervision, EVEN BETTER!!

not every thing leads to "unwed mothers or girls getting abortions at age 12 and 13" any smart girl knows how to protect herself from that.
    Accidents and bad luck happen to smart girls too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2008, 08:07 AM
    there is nothing wrong with an 11 year old girl dateing an 11 year old boy, i did when i was 11(which was 2 years ago) and nothing bad ever happend to me. by what she said its just harmless fun and thats what it was for me. not every thing leads to "unwed mothers or girls getting abortions at age 12 and 13" any smart girl knows how to protect herself from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim-awesim View Post
    why the heck shouldnt 12yearolds date?
    i mean they can't really drive to the movies, but they could hang out and kiss and share a soda or whatever
    Spoken like young people who don't have the knowledge or experience to understand the maturation process.

Children today are trying to grow up faster and faster. They see intergender relationships glorified in the media and want to emulate what they see. They want the experiences they see without having the emotional maturity to handle it.

That's why its not a good idea for children to date. I strongly suspect that in the OP's case she wants to date NOT because she likes the boy but just for the sake of dating.

Whenever questions like this crop up, you get three groups of answers. The adults who want to protect the childhood of the askers advicate waiting. The kids who don't believe an adult can understand what they are going through, say go ahead. And the third group is in their late teens or early 20s who had a good or bad (mostly bad) similar experience.

If one is asking for advice, they generally want the advice from older and wiser heads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

Can a 16-year old girl date a 21-year old guy in GA? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I wanted to know if it was illegal for my boyfriend to be 21 years old. I know that the age of consent in Georgia is 16, but what exactly does that mean... does that mean that me and him are able to date each other?? I've read that the age gap can't be more than 4 years, so...

Is it legal for an 18 year old to date a 15 year old in Oregon? [ 5 Answers ]

So we are just under 3 years difference and my mother with full custody of me is fine with but my dad doesn't know.

Is it illegal for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a situation which I am stuck in... I like this 18 year old boy, but I'm not sure if it illegal for him to date me... is it illegal in california? And I also want to know what is the age limit in order for it to be illegal... (like an 18 year old dating a 17 or younger) in california ...

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

View more questions Search