Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
    How many places in the Bible does Jesus say or admit that He is God?
    Is this one of them along with a prophesy that came true.
    Today's Gospel (Lk 19:41-44): When Jesus had come in sight of the city, He wept over it and said, ‘If only today you knew the ways of peace! But now your eyes are held from seeing. Yet days will come upon you when your enemies will surround you with barricades and shut you in and press on you from every side. And they will dash you to the ground and your children with you, and leave not a stone within you, for you did not recognize the time and the visitation of your God».
    Can you please list all the places in the bible where Jesus says or admits that He is God.
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Nov 20, 2008, 04:32 PM

I don't know every place... jesus said that 'before abraham was, I am'. I don't remember another place where he said he was god.
    He identifies with god as his father, with jesus as the son. Then, an opportunity to be in the same relationship as jesus and the father exists with believers in jesus.
    If your purpose is to prove jesus is god, I don't think you can pin down an instance of that. Even the 'visitation of your god' can mean a visit from the son of god, because god sent jesus to visit jerusalem.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Nov 20, 2008, 05:01 PM

Jesus never claimed to be the Father.

What He did claim was that He is the perfect representative of the Father.

This has been debated at length in these posts before. Morganite was a big contributor at that time. (Anybody know what happened to him?)
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 07:17 PM
    cogs, There are several paces where Jesus says He is God or admits to that such as when Thomas called Him "My Lord and my God". Jesus did not deny that.
    I'm interested in the others and there location in the bible such as when He was on trail and was asked if he was the messiah and he answered "Yahweh" which mean "I AM He" which is the Hebrew name of God.
    Also where did He say that when you have seen me you have seen the Father or words to that effect.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Nov 20, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Since Jesus is the "Word": by which all things have been created and the Bible is that "Word"... then the testimony of Jesus being God is more than admitted. It is proclaimed to those who have the Spirit of God.

All things created proclaim and every word of the Bible proclaims Him as our Lord and God.

Luke 10:21-22
    21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
    22 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
    NIV
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 11:42 PM
    revdrgade,
    Thanks for that bit of information.
    I'll add it to my list.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Nov 21, 2008, 04:20 PM

Jhn 14:9 KJV - Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 04:32 PM
    cogs,
    That's one of the several where Jesus indicates He is God or admits to it.
    Thanks.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Nov 21, 2008, 06:39 PM

From reading 1 John 5:7 we know that Jesus is the Word. Not only that, but we read that Jesus and God are ONE. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." This verse clearly states that the Word, which is Jesus, is God.

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." We know from John 1:1 that God is the Word and in this verse we learn the Word (God) was made flesh (Jesus).

John 14:7,8 & 9 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from hence forth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet has thou not known me Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" Jesus is telling Thomas and Philip here that by seeing Him they see God also. Why? Because Jesus is God in the Flesh. By seeing Jesus they see God also. Another verse where Jesus says the same thing, John 12:45 "And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me."

Along with 1 John 5:7 there are other verses where Jesus says He and God are ONE. John 17:11 and 17:22

In Paul's Letter to Timothy he clearly says God is Jesus. 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of the angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory." As we well know it, Jesus was all these things too, but here Paul says God was all these things. Therefore, clearly, God is Jesus and Jesus is God.

Those who do not believe in the trinity believe that God was first and God then created Jesus. If that were the truth then Jesus would be a liar when He said in Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." And in Revelation 1:8, 1:11 and 21:6. If God was first and Jesus said He was first... well then that would make God Jesus and Jesus God.

John 10:30,31,32 & 33 "I and my Father are one. Then the jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of these works do you stone me? The jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphamy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." Those jews wanted to stone Jesus for proclaiming His oneness with God.

There are probably more verses than these, but how many more are necessary? It is quite clear that God is Jesus and Jesus is God. To deny this is to deny the Word of God. It is very clear that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one... God!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 08:03 PM
    MoonlitWaves,
    Thanks much!!
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Nov 24, 2008, 03:25 PM

John 17:11
    11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
    (KJV)

John 17:22
    22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
    (KJV)

In these passages we have it from Jesus Himself. We are to be one as He and the Father are one.

We will never be the same individual, and neither are the Father and Son the same individual.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Is this one of them along with a prophesy that came true.
    Today's Gospel (Lk 19:41-44): When Jesus had come in sight of the city, He wept over it and said, ‘If only today you knew the ways of peace! But now your eyes are held from seeing. Yet days will come upon you when your enemies will surround you with barricades and shut you in and press on you from every side. And they will dash you to the ground and your children with you, and leave not a stone within you, for you did not recognize the time and the visitation of your God».
    Can you please list all the places in the bible where Jesus says or admits that He is God.
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred

III. Jesus Christ Claims to be God

Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12 - Jesus tells satan, "you shall not tempt the Lord your God" in reference to Himself.

Matt. 5:21-22; 27-28; 31-32; 33-34; 38-39; 43-44 - Jesus makes Himself equal to God when He declares, "You heard it said...but I say to you.."

Matt. 7:21-22; Luke 6:46 - not everyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord." Jesus calls Himself Lord, which is God.

Matt. 9:2; Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20; 7:48 - Jesus forgives sins. Only God can forgive sins.

Matt. 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5 - Jesus says that He is "Lord of the Sabbath." He is the Lord of God's law which means He is God.

Matt. 18:20 - Jesus says where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is in the midst of them.

Matt. 21:3; Luke 19:31,34 - Jesus calls himself "Lord." "The Lord has need of them."

Matt. 26:64; Mark 14:62; Luke 22:70 - Jesus acknowledges that He is the Son of God.

Matt. 28:20 - Jesus said He is with us always, even unto the end of the world. Only God is omnipresent.

Mark 14:36 - Jesus calls God "Abba," Aramaic for daddy, which was an absolutely unprecedented address to God and demonstrates Jesus' unique intimacy with the Father.

Luke 8:39 - Luke reports that Jesus said "tell how much God has done for you." And the man declared how much Jesus did.

Luke 17:18 - Jesus asks why the other nine lepers did not come back to give praise to Him, God, except the Samaritan leper.

Luke 19:38,40 - Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. If these were silent, the very stones would cry out.

John 5:18 - Jesus claimed to be God. The Jews knew this because Jesus called God His Father and made Himself equal to God. This is why Jesus was crucified.

John 5:21-22 - Jesus gives life and says that all judgment has been given to Him by the Father.

John 5:23 - Jesus equates Himself with the Father, "whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John 6:38 - Jesus says, "For I have come down from heaven."

John 8:12 - Jesus says "I am the light of the world." - 1 John 1:5 - God is light and in him there is no darkness at all.

John 8:19 - Jesus says, "if you knew me, you would know my Father also."

John 8:23 - Jesus says that He is not of this world. Only God is not of this world.

John 8:58 - Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I AM." Exodus 3:14 - "I AM" means "Yahweh," which means God.

John 10:18 - Jesus says He has the power to lay down His life and take it up again - Gal. 1:1 - God raised Jesus to life.

John 10:30 - Jesus says, "I and the Father are one." They are equal. The Jews even claimed Jesus made Himself equal to God. Jesus' statement in John 14:28, "the Father is greater than I," cannot contradict John 10:30 (the Word of God is never in conflict). Jesus' statement in John 14:28 simply refers to His human messianic role as servant and slave, which He, and not the Father or the Holy Spirit, undertook in the flesh.

John 10:36 - again, Jesus claims that He is "the Son of God."

John 10:38; 14:10 - "the Father is in me and I am in the Father" means the Father and Son are equal.

John 12:45 - Jesus says, "He who sees Me sees Him who sent Me." God the Father is equal to God the Son.

John 13:13 - Jesus says, "You call me Teacher and Lord and you are right for so I AM."

John 14:6 - Jesus says "I am the way, and the truth and the life." Only God is the way, the truth and the life.

John 16:15 - Jesus says, "all things that the Father has are Mine." Jesus has everything God has which makes Him God.

John 16:28 - Jesus says that "He came from the Father and has come into the world."

John 17:5,24 - Jesus' desire is for us to behold His glory which He had before the foundation of the world.

John 20:17 - Jesus distinguishes His relationship to the Father from our relationship by saying "My Father and your Father."

Rev. 1:8 - God says He is the "Alpha and the Omega." In Rev. 22:13, Jesus also says He is the "Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end." The only possible conclusion one can reach is that Jesus is equal to the Lord God.

Rev. 1:17 - Jesus says again, "I am the First and the Last." This is in reference to the God prophesied by Isaiah in Isaiah 44:6, 41:4, 48:12.

Rev. 1:18 - Jesus, the First and the Last, also says "I died, and behold, I am alive for evermore." When did God ever die? He only did in the humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord and God.

Rev. 2:8 - Jesus again says, "The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life." When did God die and come to life? In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Scripture Catholic - JESUS CHRIST'S DIVINITY - SOME OF MANY EXAMPLES

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 08:50 PM
    De Maria,
    Excellent.
    Thanks much,
    Fred
    ironsheik7 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Matt. 4:10 - "Then Jesus *said to him, 'Begone, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."’"

So jesus said you shall worship god only . So take that verse and compare it to this one

Revelation 13:8
    And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Remember jesus said to satan you shall worship the lord god only. And then in revelation it says and all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him. So that's saying he is god...

I thought that was neat
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:05 PM
    ironsheik7,
    Thanks for that.
    I had never seen that comparison made before.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my husband a schizo - or just unwilling to admit to jealousy? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary, so you would think that I wouldn't have to ask such a question, but his behavior over the past few months has me wondering... You see, when my husband and I first started dating, an ex-boyfriend was busily spreading rumors about me all over...

Why Celebs admit addiction problems, rather than mental illnesses that may be root? [ 3 Answers ]

Why is one user applying this quote in mental and emotional health responses? (below in green)Are people not here to "waste their words on emotions? Knowing from experience, using action when I was depressed ended up with me hitting a tree, and in a full body cast being told I would be paralyzed...

Tell me what I should do I always get myself in this places [ 3 Answers ]

Yea yea I know another fight.. . This chick was calling my friend names. . Like relli mean1s. . So I started calling her names.. . But now she wants to punch me.. . should I apolgize, fight her or let it go?? Tell me what I should do

OK, I admit it. [ 7 Answers ]

So I watched "The Never Ending Story" and " The Princess Bride" one to many times. Already I am seeing signs that I am playing with fire, that's incorrect, I am playing with the wind. The rest of the exponents were not left to me. In 1977 I was born to a Nazi Jackal that sold me down the river...

View more questions Search