Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Thanks for the info. It is getting increasingly harder to get the power button to work when I first turn the computer on??

Quote Originally Posted by hphphphelpme
    Hi i have the same problem to but my is the right speaker's dosent work evertything is fine but not my right speaker i think i know why?
    thte dual proccesor is near the built-in speaker and it warm's up and burn the speaker and the power buttons but mine didint burn the power button and my ac power work thank's by the way calll hp you can find the number in hp official website
    JES1225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by millionpyong View Post
    I have an HP laptop. The speaker has been working with no problem for 2 years. Suddenly today, the speaker stopped working. The sound card is OK because I can hear sound through my headphone. Did some quick research and read something about my laptop not being able to not properly sense the headphone jack plugged in or out... Has anyone of you experienced or fixed this problem? Any help is appreciated.

My impression is that many of us have the same cause, and it is not the headphone jack.
    The first question is whether the light for the power switch is also NOT illuminated. If not the problem is definitely a connection problem to the switch cover, which is the assembly where the speakers and the on/off switch reside. I think it's common and I am still researching the root cause. I took mine apart today (finally) and reconnected the ribbon cable but the problem is the same.
    To attempt to verify this as the cause, push somewhat hard around the on/off switch to see if sound and the power button light comes on;mine did.
    Sterffffff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Hey, I've recently been experiencing speaker problems with a HPG6000, like you the sound does work through speakers. I tried gently tapping (hitting) my laptop, which didn't result in any success, however, what I did find that worked was gently blowing into the headphones hole.
    Hope it helps.
    Sterffffff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Hey, I've recently been experiencing speaker problems with a HPG6000, like you the sound doesn't work through speakers. I tried gently tapping (hitting) my laptop, which didn't result in any success, however, what I did find that worked was gently blowing into the headphones hole.
    Hope it helps.
    Marsa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Hi guys,

I`m glad I read this article and could fix my notebook.

As mentioned before by verman 84, just by inserting and removing my headphone several times fixed the problem. Try doing this.

Kind regards, Marsa
    er1ka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 10:17 PM
    I also have an HP laptop and I have the same problem. The sound works fine on headsets. But it doesn't work on built in speakers. I remember that a few hours ago I was watching a movie and just on the built in speakers and it worked fine, but now it doesn't work anymore. I did NOT change any setting in the laptop.

Putting the headphone jack on and taking it out did NOT work for me.
    I also tried to blow into the hole of where you connect the headphones, it still does NOT work. Can somebody help please?

PS when I was searching the web, I noticed that this is quite common to HP laptops since most of them said that they were using HP laptops..

HELP!
    SMTRework Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 11:21 AM
    I have a DV6000 with the sound problem. Turns out that the speaker power button cable went bad. Bought a new one on Ebay and the sound works fine now.

Have a look at Ebay Item number: 150343715426
    zaborostroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 02:07 PM
    If you have sound in the headphones, but not in the speakers, - common problem with defective ribbon cable underneath the keyboard. We replace tons of them you can buy them on Ebay. We buy it from 2fix.net/flex-fcs.htm cause they are best quality, compeer to Ebay stuff, and shipped from Chicago, not China/Honk-Kong.
    bbmahendran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 11:56 AM

Pongada neengalum onga answerum
    lilxcute Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by verman84 View Post
    The headphone input jack is stuck, there is a small switch inside the jack which shuts off the speakers when headphones are plugged in. When the headphones are pulled out, the speakers turn on again.

The thing you have to do is figure out which headphone jack you were using when you noticed this(im assuming you have 2 like mine).

My problem was that my girlfriend put an iPod video cable into my headphone jack to connect it to our stereo. It fits the hack but instead of a stereo 1/8" plug with 2 sections, it has 3 which makes it slightly longer which is what stuck the internal switch inside the jack and disabled the speakers.

Rather than bringing my computer to get fixed, I just took a pair of headphones and inserted them into the jack repeatedly, at different speeds. Mostly what worked was putting it in and pulling it out rather quickly. have a song playing looped while you do it so that you can tell if it worked or not. It will take some time and patience.

I opened my laptop to try and remove the faulty jack but it was so buried in there that I had no chance at doing it successfully.

Since I "fixed mine" I havent had a problem with it ever since. Only my battery died 13months after I bought my computer....go figure, not 12 which would have been within the warranty, stupid HP.

Also, get some canned air and spray it in the jack making sure not to shoot out the chemical. This might remove any dust/debirs or anything that might be in said jack.
    My battery also died after 13 months. Now my speakers aren't working. I bought a new battery for it and suddenly the speakers died...

Any idea how to fix the speakers!
    I tried putting the headphones in and out many times but the speakers still doesn't come back on..
    zaborostroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilxcute View Post
    my battery also died after 13 months. now my speakers aren't working. I bought a new battery for it and suddenly the speakers died...

Any idea how to fix the speakers!
    I tried putting the headphones in and out many times but the speakers still doesn't come back on..
    Same cable as mentioned before. Needs to be replaced. Ver.2.0 reinforced from eBay or 2fix.net will do.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Speaker No Sound [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Compaq laptop and the speakers have worked fine until today. I suddenly have NO sound for anything? Can anyone help Thanks Kaluda:)

Missing sound, can't hear cd or sound play at all? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a Compaq, win xp, this afternoon and I had sound and everything was OK? But I think while working on the computer I accidentally erased the driver that helps allow sound to come from the comp, I can't seem to find site to download the driver? Please help, I can hear it beep...

Low speaker sound output... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm using Windows XP, and have got a problem (I seem to be having a lot of these lately). The sound output on my laptop has gone from really good (as usual) to extremely low, even with the speakers on maximum. (and unmuted) I'm not sure what the problem could be, as the laptop is...

I can't hear any sound! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently accidenlty re-installed xp(just an update though, so all my files and stuff are still on it) on my PC, since I've done this everything is working fine except the sound, I can't seem to hear anything, and I've checked all the devices and stuff and they are all working fine, can any body...

View more questions Search