Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheavens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Wording to write a Thank you in the newspaper for my sons accidents
    I am at a loss of what to write in our local paper to thank our community for their generosity when my son was in his ATV accident and had to be airlifted to a Children's Critical care centre.
    Organizations, & businesses... fundraised money to pay for our expenses while we spent a month in another city with our son. A Facebook Support Group site was started and words/prayers were written for us to read each night about our son... 180 cards were sent to my son to the hospital... from concerned citizens of our community that did not even know him. I don't know how to begin... HELP!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 07:16 AM

How about "We continually hear about the apathy in American communities and the lack of love for our neighbors. Well, somebody forgot to iclude this area in those statistics as was so vividly displayed to us when our son..."
    This is one possible beginning?
    capricorn27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 08:12 AM

You don't need to get all technical and fancy your best bet is to keep it simple but from the heart like...
    " words can never express all the things we would like to say for the help, love, and support from our entire community... Each and everyone of you are in our hearts and we can never say thank you enough for you all truly are angles... God Bless and keep you all safe
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Dec 28, 2008, 07:42 PM

Wow, your post warms my heart. Just say what you would say to a close friend that had helped you out. Speak from the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Proper wording of inviations [ 2 Answers ]

My son is getting marry in October in a private ceremony and my husband are hosting a reception a week later/ I was thinking of wording the invitations like this Please join us tin celebrating the marriage of bride * groom date time and place sign our names The reception is going to be informal...

Stumped by Wording [ 2 Answers ]

I have problems dealing with word problems and I hope I can get some help in going in the right direction. A telephone bill lists a minimum of $7.50 for first 80 message units. What is the additional cost if it's plus 0.06 per unit for the next 60 units, plus 0.05 per unit for the next 60...

Wedding invitation wording [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married this fall and am at a loss for how to word our invitaitons. My father was a widower but has since remarried. He is paying for one third of our wedding and I am paying for the other two thirds. How do I properly and tactfully word this?

Invitation Wording [ 1 Answers ]

We are having an evening reception, starting at 7:30. Very small afternoon wedding, very large reception. We are not serving dinner, instead will provide a lot of our favorite appetizers and refreshments (an outlandish list of eclectic items)... A couple of friends have suggested that the...

View more questions Search