Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cclark112263 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Bleeding Hydronic Baseboard heating system
    I have just moved into an old house in New Jersey and the house has two separate heating zones: one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The upstairs thermostat is currently inoperative, so a PSE&G technician circumvented the problem, and now both upstairs and downstairs are being regulated by the downstairs thermostat. The problem is there is no heat getting to the upstairs baseboard fin-heaters; the PSE&G tech said there is probably air in the line, and so bleeding is required. I tried to bleed the line as he had suggested but after I open the 30psi valve release, the hose I connected to the upstairs return-line drain faucet is NOT where the water comes out, but instead the water is being discharged out the 'emergency' valve which has no threaded line for a hose connection; and anyway I think the water is not being 'pushed' upstairs and back down the upstairs drain, but just to the emergency valve. Could someone help me, we're freezing upstairs?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 12:29 PM
    I believe from what you have posted this system could be a problem. Before things get out of hand I suggest you call a professional for ON SITE service. The water should not be coming out of the emergency POP OFF valve. You have way too much pressure going to the system. Call for a on site inspection and repair.
    maguyver Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 12:39 AM
    It seems to me as if u have what u call zone valves. 2 small square boxes on the riser pipes to your boiler.
    At the bottom of th silver the boxes there a little piece of metal sticking out.
    The metal is attached to a spring loaded valve. Pull the metal back and hook it to a noch. U will hear the water flowing as soon u pull the clip back.
    If so then that is the problem. Run the system and have a tech rewire your zone valves to the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Bleeding a baseboard hot water heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I have a oil fired hot water boiler with baseboard heating. I have to replace the circulator and want to know how to bleed the system and then refill it when I am done. What is the proper procedure for this and what tools will I need?

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 1 Answers ]

When considering converting from forced hot air to baseboard heat, is it possible to just add piping / water boiler / baseboards and do nothing with the forced hot air system (use it for AC) ?

Hydronic heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a licensed electrician that's been asked to hook up a 4 zone hydronic heating system which I have never worked with before. It's a mighty therm boiler model HH-PH, using RIB2041D relays 24 volt thermostat and a side wall vent. I've got all the 120 volt hook-up done and the relays hooked in...

View more questions Search