Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morganinaboat Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Replacing roman tub facuet on existing tub
    Trying to wrap up a small facelift on my master bathroom and am to the point of replacing the faucet on the roman tub and the control levers on the shower. I believe the current tub faucet and shower controlers are from Delta and are 18 years old. All I want to do is update the exterior parts from polished brass to the brushed nickel look. I've tried the generic shower handle trim kits but with no luck. Hoping to find a reasonably priced solution without having to get in to the back side of the plumbing. Hope my question makes sense. Thanks!:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I'm not sure what exactly what you have. I'm assuming that you have a two handled roman faucet that mounts on the deck, yes? What do you wish to upgrade? The handles and covers plus the spout? I guess so since you're changing the naterial from brass to brushed chrome. Before I go any farther terll me if I'm on the right track here. Regards. Tom

Nov 16, 2008, 11:47 AM

Tom, yes I have a 2 handled faucet mounted on the tub deck. I'd like to only replace the faucet spout and handles if possible. Same thought on the shower control handles. Just the two handles in the shower (no diverter thing).
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 12:40 PM

If possible can you post the Model number, Thanks.

John

Nov 16, 2008, 01:32 PM

I'm not sure where to find the model number. These fixtures are original to the home so they were here when I got here. Not sure where to look for model numbers. I can take a picture of it if there is a way to post it on here.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 01:36 PM

Yes Lets try the picture if we can come up with something, Thanks.

John
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 01:49 PM

To Attach a picture, click on advance, when the next window opens click on the attachment icon it is next to the white pace, the manage attachment page will open, click on the brows button it will upload the picture in the box then click the upload button, then close the manage attachment page, and submitt, thanks.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 02:43 PM

You can also contact Delta Support Line. They are quite helpful folks. They may save you trip, or two, or three... to Home Depot

Nov 17, 2008, 04:55 PM

Here's the image of the tub faucet with one handle removed. Again, I think it's a delta model that is maybe 18 years old.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 05:15 PM

I would suggest to contact Delta support line at 800-345-3358 as Milo says they are very help full and the will advise you what to change how to change, good luck.

John

Nov 22, 2008, 03:22 PM

I telephoned the Delta people and they could not help me unless I can find the model number on the faucet somewhere. I've looked all over and can't find any markings with brand or model numbers. Guess I'm up the creek with my unidentifiable faucet.

Any other ideas?
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 10:47 AM

Hello Morgninaboat,

On behalf of you I sent a picture of your faucet to Delta and asked for thereir's suggestion, they responded to me as follows, Thanks.

Dear John,

What you've got there is a 2767 Neo Roman tub set. The trim (Spout, handles, etc.) can be changed out with any of the current T27 series Roman Tub trim kits we make, without having to go into the deck.
    Please write back if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Dave
    Delta Customer Service
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 12:56 AM

Hi Milo,

Thanks for your comment I am trying to help as much as I could, Have a very nice, Thanks Giving.

Best Regards,
    John
    FlyingHawk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Morgan,

Did you find an answer to your problem? I have the same faucet in my master bath that I want to replace. If anything, All I want to do is get rid of the "BRASS" color and change it to Brushed or Satin Nickel. Anyone have any ideas how I would accomplish this. I think it would be cheaper than buying new fixtures.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 03:20 PM

Flyinghawk...

If you read post#12 by Afaroo, you should find all the information you need. Use this information and contact a local DELTA distributer (almost any plumbing supply store) and they should be able to help you out, OK?

Questions? Let us know...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing existing shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 32 inch sqare freestanding shower stall in my basement. I would like to put in something larger but don't want to break up the concrete to move the drain. Is it possible to purchase a shower base that does not have a drain already cut out so we can cut one where we want?

Replacing existing washer drain plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

I am in a 50 year old house with iron pipe drainage. While investigating the pipe through the vent pipe connection of the washer drain we noticed the pipe to be badly corroded thereby essentially reducing the pipe diameter. We have experienced increasing overflow from the washer drain pipe when...

Replacing Hampton Bay Fan: Can I used existing Wired Switch? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, No luck finding this with search, so my apologies if this is obvious. I am looking to replace 2 existing Hampton Bay fans in a home I recently purchased. They work fine, but look very dated. Both fans have existing wired wall switches with a light switch/dimmer and a wired fan speed...

Replacing 70' of existing drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

What is a fair price for laying new pipe and removing old? Is it reasonable for the plumber to ask to cut down a tree? Two trees? It seems that some type of repair where the problem area that is full of roots, cut be cut away and pvc laid in using end caps. Is that impractical?:confused:

Replacing existing shower set [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was a HomeDepot Expo today to buy new shower sets to replace the ones in our existing house (about 10 years old) and they told me something I wasn't sure was true. They said I should replace the old shower set (handles and shower head) with the same brand as the old one unless I planned to...

View more questions Search