Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Nov 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
    How to arrange several pictures on a wall
    Have a large blank space on a living room wall 5 x 12 with chair rail below it. We have a collection of framed landscape lithographs to hang up there but wondering how to arrange them? There are 3, 9 x 12 rectangular ones, two 9 x 12 oval ones, one large 18 inch diameter circular one, one 12 inch diameter circular one.
    I could throw in one more 9 inch circular picture if I needed to.
    Also the pictures are all muted earth tones and go together as a collection except for the large 18 inch circular one which is a very bright red and gold and black antique toleware patterned platter.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 11:12 AM

How about something like this? Let me know if it works or not or if you have other questions if you like it.

I don't see my picture that I attached?
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 11:19 AM

Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 11:24 AM

OK well here's what I did I started on one end and put one of the ovals then down and to the right I put the other oval. Then, even with the first oval I put one of the 9x12s and hung them going down the wall slightly diagonal. From there I put the large circle even with the top oval and the top 9x12 and then I put the small circle down and over to the right so that it hung even with the lowest 9x12. It looks pretty cool but I don't know how to show you the picture that I tried to post
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 02:08 AM

Things That Inspire: Beautiful picture arrangements

Arranging Art

28 Tips for Hanging Art

Hope these inspire you to some good ideas.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 09:01 AM

Hey wildandblue, did you ever try what I was talking about? How did it look? It looked cool in the picture that I had tried to post but I don't know if I described it well or not
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Nov 22, 2008, 12:52 PM

Well I got it all arranged on the wall following ZoeMarie's diagram. Sorry to take so long to get back to you about it. I used the excuse that I wanted to wait until the paint was dry, but really wanted to wait for the wife to go out shopping since once I got out the stepladder there would be a whole honeydo list if she was home. Your decorating advise saved me from making a lot of unnecessary holes in the wall to get them all put up!
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:27 PM

oh good! I'm glad I could help. We actually recently moved into a house and we had a ton of pictures that we wanted to hang so we were in the same situation. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrange marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my name is sabrina I'm from pakistan 21 yrs old My parents want me to marry this guy who is in pakistan and he is 20 yrs old my parents like his family and everything and they say he is a good boy as well. I have seen his picture and he is very good looking but I don't know him as a person so...

Drain arrange [ 1 Answers ]

My drain is from a double bowl sink . The drain comes from each side to the center. They join into a T which is connected to a trap and the drain then goes into the wall. There is no real drop in the pipes, and no place to put in a drop pipe with the neck for the dishwasher drain to enter into. Do...

How to arrange the folders in our server [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I just want to ask how do I start in arranging the folders (from server folder to individual's folder) in the computers of our company and how? And do you have a sample flowchart for this? Or how do I start writing it in an essay form? (the plas on how to arrange)

Greek Wall Clip pictures! [ 34 Answers ]

I tried to upload a picture but it was kicked back. Will look at it again and try to downsize the picture. But I'm hoping to find someone who understands all the writing and symbols on the clip. I believe it is bronze. It has a picture of a ship on one side and a face on the other. There is also...

Removing a wall (with pictures [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wall which separates the vanity area from the shower/toilet area. I want to remove this wall, but was surprised when I removed the drywall. As seen in the photo below there is a 2X12 header across the door and a double 2X4 plate across the top. There is no support beam or post in the...

View more questions Search