Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    P Eugene Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 12:34 PM
    KPH - keystrokes per hour on 10-key. What is a good speed?
    I've tested several times between 9,000 - 10,000 KPH on 10-key numerical data entry tests. However, I have no idea how good or bad this is? Is there a standard by which a prospective employer would want for a minimum KPH for a data entry job?

I have not been able to find anything on the internet, except for more 10-key tests, even though I've searched in several ways under different keywords and phrases.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 01:54 PM

Hi, P Eugene!

9,000 to 10,000 KPH is really quite good if the accuracy was also near 100 percent.

Most temp places that I know of want someone to be at least at 5,000 to 6,000 KPH and some jobs for data entry that I've seen, the employers want people to be at least 9,000 KPH on up.
    P Eugene Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:25 PM

Thanks, Clough! Yes, my accuracy is very good at that speed.

This is good to know, since I hope to do temp work while I continue my job search.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Thanks, P Eugene!

How I know what some employers require is by what I've read in the newspaper and by what I've found online.

Job 10-Key KPH - Google Search

Employment 10-Key KPH - Google Search

How I learned 10-Key was on the following site. Typing Test - Learn2Type.com - learn to type online FREE typing tutor and typing tests, typing certification It's my favorite place to go when I want to brush-up on the 10-Key and also test myself for typing.

I wish you the best in your job search!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:13 PM

Your speed is higher than average if you are accurate at this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Automatic keystrokes! [ 3 Answers ]

hi there. I've got perhaps some sort o spyware issue or virus. At random (usually 5 minute intervals) my computer starts automatically typing the letter "f". Had to cut and paste that one because once it starts the only way to stop it is to "backspace" until it clears all the letters its...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

View more questions Search