Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2003, 11:15 PM
    Electric Fuse Wire
    Kindly let me know, which compound is used in a fuse wire used in electric circuits
    renjithvas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2004, 12:46 AM
    Re: Electric Fuse Wire
    electric fuse wire ia an alloy made of tin( 63 % & lead 37 %. I want to know about safe current limit. Whether the safe current limit is including the minimum value or not
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2004, 05:00 PM
    Common fuse wire is tinned copper wire.
    For special (heavy duty, industrial) purposes, precious metals (such as silver) can be used.
    The previously mentioned lead/tin alloy is solder - not fuse wire.
    lancairian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 10:41 AM

Previously mentioned tinned copper wire is correct as to repairing old household fuses. The previously mentioned lead/tin alloy is not solder - it is old style fuse wire. I am holding a half pound roll of 2 ampere rating Buss Fuse Wire, which is lead alloy. Used in industrial fuses that would be repaired by hand rewinding around a core. Our electric shop just disposed of it as obsolete. (OK, now it will be used for solder)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Force and Electric Field? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can some one explain to me briefly what's the different between electric force and electric field? I am having trouble to make them clear to myself. Thanks you so much. Jack

Neutral wire is hot(has voltage potential like the black wire) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The problem started at midnight last week. One of my line in the basement is starting to have issue whenever I connect a water pump or appliances to the outlets. Before I plug the appliance in, the neutral is neutral(zero voltage), but when I plug the appliance in, the neutral is now...

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

4 wire home service entrance wire size [ 1 Answers ]

Mobile home requires 4 wire electrical service entrance wire. Distance is 160 foot from meter to breaker panel. 220V service. What size wire do I use? Can I use diff. size for neutral and ground?

2 Wire White-Rogers with no wallplate wire question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I want to replace my current White-Rogers 1E56W309 thermostat with a new Honeywell RTH7500D. The problem is that the tools that installed my high efficiency furnace didn't install the wall plate with my thermostat (it was a new house and the builder contracted these guys). Instead,...

View more questions Search