Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guyana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 08:42 AM
    I can hear water running in my bathroom walll. What is the cause?
    I can hear water running in my bathroomwall. What is the problem?
    outlook_sync Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 08:51 AM

Depends. If the house is new: Nowadays there's a hot-water-circle that's constantly in motion to make sure that every bathroom immediately has hot water available.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by guyana View Post
    I can hear water running in my bathroomwall. What is the problem?
    Let's check and see what the problem is. To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. If it does you have a leak. If you're on a pump then check the pressure gage after the pump builds up to pressure and shuts off. The gage should not fall and the pump come back on. If so then you have a leak. Hope this helps and thank you fot rating my reply, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 10:51 AM

Is your house on slab or raised foundation ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 04:21 PM

If you hear water running in the wall and do not have a re-circulation line and pump, and do not see any signs of water damage, close the stop valve underneath the toilet. If the sound of water running ceases, check the water level in the toilet tank. Adjust the water level in the tank to 1” below the top of the overflow tube. If the ball cock or fill valve will not maintain the proper level replace the seal in the ball cock or fill valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hear Water Under Tub [ 12 Answers ]

I went to step into my tub to take measurements of the wall behind it. As I stepped in, I heard water underneath. I could always feel a slump under the tub (towards the center of the tub), but never heard any water before. I'm concerned that water may be sitting under my tub and causing the...

Dripping in wall after running cold water in bathroom only [ 8 Answers ]

After I run the cold water in the shower, toilet & bathroom there is a dripping sound.. in the wall... this last for a little while and disappears... Does not happen when I run the cold water in any other part of the house.

Hot water stopped running in bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Now I've been doing a little reading of similar problems in the blogs and suspect I have an airlock. Here's what's going on... While the water was running, in the hot position, it spontaneously stopped. The hot water is working in the shower and the kitchen -- the only other outlets. I have a...

No running COLD water upstairs in bathroom sink/bath [ 1 Answers ]

I have NO cold running water coming out of bathroom taps . The hot is running fine. This just happened all of a sudden with no cause I can think of. I have both cold and hot water downstairs running fine. The bathroom is upstairs. Can you help me Thanks .

Cannot light walll heater pilot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Stewart-Warner Saf-Aire gas wall heater. I have tried to light pilot with a match. When I put the lit match into the ignition port, the flame is blown out by the air coming out of the ignition port. We have the outside vent covered to minimize the air but that does not seem to help. ...

View more questions Search