Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steffi884 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 12:56 AM
    The difference between human and animal blood?
    I know that the difference between animal and human blood cells is that animal blood has a nucleus and different antigens, but I was wondering why that is? :confused: why do animals need a nucleus and different antigens to us?
    NavyBlue1984 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Because their DNA is different than ours, therefore their charactaristics are different.
    jem02081 Posts: 65, Reputation: 19

Nov 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Not quite.
    Animal & human blood have a similar set of cell types (red blood cells, white blood cells, etc) & proteins.
    The red blood cells (rbc) in humans (& other mammals) lack a nuclei while in chickens (& other birds (I think, is there a zoologist around?)) the rbc have nuclei. In mammals (including humans), immature rbc (called reticulocytes) appear in the blood in some diseases.
    Regarding antigens check the definition in wikipedia & reply with what you don’t understand.
    Here are couple of interesting point about human blood types and the related antigens. Did you know that the A B O blood types are also found in animals? And that the Rh antigen is named after the Rhesus monkey where it was first found? So why do animal & human have the same blood types and have different forms (alleles) of these blood types?
    Sugarnojutsu Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 11:55 AM

This is done by bones and bloodstains from the animals. You can also use a blind test, the blind test uses protein radioimmunoassay (pRIA), this is used to identify the species of six bone fragments lacking morphological specificy and 43 bloodstaned lithic tools, then soacked in blood of known animals and human origin. The bone fragments and the bloodtained tools list a number of possible species. The pRIA technique shows a high degree of accuracy in idenifying an animal from a human. Animal blood is different from human blood because animal blood has a nucleus and different antigens

Oct 28, 2008, 11:56 AM
    This is done by bones and bloodstains from the animals. You can also use a blind test, the blind test uses protein radioimmunoassay (pRIA), this is used to identify the species of six bone fragments lacking morphological specificy and 43 bloodstaned lithic tools, then soacked in blood of known animals and human origin. The bone fragments and the bloodtained tools list a number of possible species. The pRIA technique shows a high degree of accuracy in idenifying an animal from a human. Animal blood is different from human blood because animal blood has a nucleus and different antigens

Oct 28, 2008, 11:57 AM

Sorry I put it on twice
    dakindanny12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 03:20 AM
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mate its a quality question that aswell good work son, fosters good call.
    shayam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Animal and Human blood are pretty much the same. The only different is the type of blood. Since animals are very close to humans, do to evolution. Animals have plasma, red and white blood cells, and platelets. So since that there is not a extreme difference between animal and human blood. We could do transfusion between animals and humans.
    icekold Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Human blood does not need a nucleus because we have spirits
    shabani mchuchu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2012, 04:51 AM
    This is due to different in their componets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mythological creatures half human half animal [ 14 Answers ]

What are they called? There is a general therm for all of them, and each type also has an additional name. Some of them are half horse half human, others half goat half human etc..

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

MD "wanted" Human Blood Question... [ 1 Answers ]

I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is? What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search