Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJMB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 05:26 AM
    New kitchen faucet hoses do not fit existing water shut off valve.
    I just changed out our kitchen sink faucet. Removal of old and installation of new went well... the problem is the water hook-up. The new faucet fittings are 3/8" compression fittings. The water lines from the new faucet to the water shut off valve are a PVC type. The old faucet had copper tubing out of the sink faucet then a connection of plastic/PVS that connected ot the shut off. The fittings to connect the old faucet to the water shut off are larger than the 3/8" that I am dealing with on the new faucet, so consequently they don't fit. The instruction manual diagram indicates that you insert the cold/hot water line hose from the new facuet into their respective shutoff valve and use the nut that is on the new hoses to secure. Obviously, because of size difference this is not possible. My questions:

Is there some sort of adapter that will make the new hoses fit to the water shut off or should I change out the shut off valves to match the new hoses?

If I have to change out the shut-off valve, how do you do this? The valves appear to be soldered (spl?)/permanently connected o the copper pipe that comes out of the wall. I am relatively handy, but have limited (very) experience with plumbing. Any insight into this situation would be greatly apreciated... my wife wants her sink back!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 08:56 AM

What brand and model number is your new faucet did the faucet came with the lines attached?
    The best thing to do take the hoses to a plumbing supply and ask them to help you get you the correct lines, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 valve shut off hot water tank valve [ 9 Answers ]

I was just trying to get some Pro's thoughts on, why there would be a shut off valve on the hot line going out of my hot water tank, and no valve on the cold coming in? Is there a reason for this? Is it OK to add a valve on the cold,so I can isolate the tank, by shuting both valves , and would...

No Shut Off Valve between water heater and bathroom sink valve [ 14 Answers ]

I have a constant drip in my bathroom sink. After a little trouble shooting, I came to the conclusion that my hot water valve underneath the sink is the culprit. I traced the pipe down the wall, into the basement and to the water heater. The only thing between the water heater and the old valve in...

Replacing hoses under sink and installing shut-off valve [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm getting ready to "cut" the rubber hose under the bath room sink to install shut-off valves. Here's a little history for you... I replaced the old facet about a month ago and had no leaks... well, guess what it's been leaking and wife's not happy. I'm really worried about cutting...

Kitchen water shut off valve [ 9 Answers ]

I recently had my kitchen water shut off valve replaced. When the shut off valve is turned off for the hot and cold water, the compression faucet still drips. I shut the water off at the main valve outside and it still drips. Is there a quick fix to this? The water that is dripping is cold. I...

Bathroom faucet water hoses [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm trying to install a new bathroom vessel faucet that came with 1/2 inch female hose connections to my angle stops which have the standard 3/8 connections. Lowe's & Home Depot didn't know what to do with it. I tried a converter fitting from a local plumbing shop but the connections...

View more questions Search