Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    champagnelady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Noise in pipes after flushing toilet
    About 4 weeks ago our sewer pipes began making a loud niose after flushing the toilet, we had the plunber come out to check the water pressure reducing valve to make sure it was not bad and he stated that it was not the valve. Of course the noise did not occur while he was at our home.
    We have had the utility company check the outside pressure and flush the air out ot the pipes, which almost eliminated the noise, but this morning, it was back.
    We do not know what to do to fix this problem. I don't think it will damage the pipes, it is just loud and annoying.
    Can anyone help?
    champagnelady
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 06:31 AM

Close and Open your angle stop valve under the toilet. See if the noise stops...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 08:38 AM

Hi champagnelady,

Do as Milo says, your problem may be a loose washer in the angle valve or bad fill valve, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

After toilet flushing noise [ 2 Answers ]

After our return from a week long absence, when we flushed any of our toilets we could hear a long drawn out moan coming from the toilet. It does not come from the tank but seems to becoming from the house itself. Any suggestion will be appreciated

Noise after flushing toilet [ 6 Answers ]

Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this...

Loud noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.

View more questions Search