Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetthang25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
    How to take out hair color
    I dyed my hair black and I want to go back to my natural color without going to salon and doing it and I'm wondering what the best way is to take the color out
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 27, 2006, 12:02 AM
    Do not attempt to fix it yourself. If you to do this at home, you will end up with brassy unwanted shades in your hair. You will need to strip the color using hair color remover or bleach, then the desired color is applied. You should consider going to the salon to have a corrective color done.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2006, 01:28 AM
    Never use bleach at home.
    Never ever.

Your safest bet is to go to the salon. Its always wise to get it done professional esp going from black to a lighter shade.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
    To get rid of permanent black dye, your hair has be stripped or bleached. A professional hairstylist can strip the dye, and then they will deposit your desired color.
    Raine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    To get rid of permanent black dye, your hair has be stripped or bleached. A professional hairstylist can strip the dye, and then they will deposit your desired color.
    Is this the only option or are there ways you can make the color fade faster? (even if the color has been in for a while)
    azteka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 09:44 PM
    I want to strip my hair color and its black approaxmiley how long
    azteka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 09:46 PM
    How long do I leave it in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Hair Color Bases [ 1 Answers ]

Is it okay to mix hair dye with the base of orange with another dye with the base of gold, and then dye my hair?

Effasol Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

I Heard Of Effasol And Wanted To Know Is It A Harsh Hair Coloring Remover. I Want To Use It With Water?

View more questions Search