Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rperrault Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Calculate realized percentage holding period return
    Just need to know if I am on the right track.

The question:

An investor bought 100 shares of V. Corporation common stock 1 year ago for $40 per share. Sold the shares for $44 each, and during the year, received four quarterly dividend checks for $40 each. Expects the price of the Venus shares to fall to about $33 over the next year. Calculate the investor’s realized percentage holding period return.

My Calculation:

t = 1 year

Kt= (44-40+160)40

My Answer:

Kt = 4.1
    rperrault Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:51 AM

On the right track just need to calculate the amount of shares into your figures i.e.

Kt = (4400-400+160)400
    nicole_1986 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 06:01 PM

Where did you get the $400 from
    nicole_1986 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 06:12 AM

Where did you get the $400 from

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I calculate holding period return for bonds, common stock and mutual funds? [ 1 Answers ]

The first investment is a bond which was purchased on May 10, 2004, and the purchase price was $20,000 the bond was later sold on May 12, 2005, the sales proceeds were $19,500. Interest on the bond from May 10, 2004 to May 12, 2005, was $2,100. The second investment was Common stock which was...

Calculating total percentage return on investment. [ 3 Answers ]

8 months ago, you purchased 400 shares of Winston, Inc. stock at a price of $54.90 a share. The company pays quarterly dividends of %.50 a share. Today, you sold all of your shares for $49.30 a share. What is your total percentage return on this investment?

Calculate overhead rate and percentage applied to job [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead rate to apply to each job performed, after the fact. I know it's backwards, but that's how this business is run. The owners do the jobs, pay the workers (and themselves) and then I have to figure out whether we made a profit.

What do I use ti calculate my return [ 3 Answers ]

How do I and what do I use to calculate how much I will be getting back from claimimg my son? It is only an individual tax return. So I was wondering how I would have to calculate what I would be getting back off just him? Not all together. I know What I will be getting back from what I have put...

View more questions Search