Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morvis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Attach item to brick wall
    How do you attach a plaque to a brick wall with screws?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:07 AM

Hi, morvis!

Using lead screw anchors would be one, possible option.

Lead Screw Anchors - Google Search

There are also specific masonry anchors that could be used that would probably be better than using the lead ones.

Masonry Screw Anchors - Google Search

Masonry Screw Anchors - Google Image Search
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 21, 2008, 09:53 AM

Clough is on the right track, I'd use a tapcon.

Buildex TapconŽ
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 07:51 PM

The first posts were correct but I am wondering if you plan to have this plaque on the wall for all time? If only for a few years you might want to glue a piece of pressure treated plywood to the wall with exterior construction glue and then screw into the ply. If you ever want to take it down it will still be a chore to dissolve the glue but no wholes.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 05:16 AM

You might consider installing fastener in Grout line, it can be repaired in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you attach more than one item using the scan direct to email feature. [ 6 Answers ]

The CanoScan liDE 60 scanner has a scan direct to email featrure which is fine except only one item can be attached to one email. So if you want to attach three items you have to send three emails. Is there a solution or is this just the way it is with this inexpensive but capable scanner?

How to attach a car port to a brick wall [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm thinking of adding a car port to my APT building. The outside is all bricks. How should the car port be attach to the brick wall. I heard a few strories and I'd like to have some real answers... please :eek: Attached you will find a pic and drawing of what I would like to do. My...

How do I attach a door to a concrete wall? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I attach a door to a concrete wall? How can I attach the door hinges to a concrete wall?

How can you attach a wood wall to concrete floor? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to build wood wall non bearing in a basement and attach the bottom plate to a concrete floor. What is the easiest and most secure method to do so. Should I use pressure treated wood for the bottom plate? Thanks.

Baseboard heater and attach it to the available 15amp non dedicated wall outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to heat an area (180cf with no moving air) using a 1500W using a baseboard heater and attach it to the available 15amp non dedicated electrical wall outlet. I would also like to control the temp. Inside this space with a standard home T-stat. mounted inside the area being heated. I...

View more questions Search