Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meggiepoo1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Does repiercing your belly button hurt more than the first time?
    Im so scared to get it done again, I was forced to take it out because I had to take an MRI and I couldn't get it back in so it closed. Its only been almost two days since its been out, would it hurt?
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 21, 2008, 02:22 PM

I would like to know the same thing, I'm subscribing to your post because I'm contemplating getting mine re-done as well...

Oct 21, 2008, 02:24 PM

Well I'm so scared because it didn't hurt when I got it done, I just want to know if it will be the same pain? Or worse worse.

Oct 21, 2008, 02:26 PM

That's exactly what I'm wondering. I've done so much research on it and really nothing comes up. The only thing I've found is the obvious, that it's going to go through scar tissue... I'm beyond scared to get it done.

Oct 21, 2008, 02:31 PM

Me too I have been researching it as well, I even told my mom to call a couple places to see if it would hurt to get it redone and they didn't give a straight answer so I need someone's opinion that's not good with pain because I'm sure not.

Oct 21, 2008, 02:34 PM

I didn't feel it the first time, as well... and I'm a wimp... so if the second time is going to hurt I may rethink getting it pierced and just go for something different.

Oct 21, 2008, 02:40 PM

Why won't anyone respond damnit! :////
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Maybe I can help u out. I have had my belly button pierced 3 times. The first time I had to take it out because it started growing out (I was pregnant). So after I had my daughter I had it redone. I was nervous even though it did not hurt AT ALL the first time and I am a HUGE wimp believe me! LOL. I think I can say that it is a tad bit uncomfortable the 2nd time but VERY tolerable. Then on accident I would be holding my daughter and she would kick it and it started growing out so I took it out again. Then I had like a keloid (scar tissue) there, and I wanted it done again when she was a little older and I did. But I would say the third time hurt the most because it was through scar tissue. BUT - the pain was not that bad at all! Plus it is only when the needle goes through and it is over in a second. (I have to use baby needles when they draw blood LMAO). I say go for it. It will be over before you know it... and it will look good!

Oct 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 20anonymous08 View Post
    maybe I can help u out. I have had my belly button pierced 3 times. The first time I had to take it out becuase it started growing out (I was pregnant). So after I had my daughter I had it redone. I was nervous even though it did not hurt AT ALL the first time and I am a HUGE wimp believe me! LOL. I think I can say that it is a tad bit uncomfortable the 2nd time but VERY tolerable. Then on accident I would be holding my daughter and she would kick it and it started growing out so I took it out again. Then I had like a keloid (scar tissue) there, and I wanted it done again when she was a little older and I did. But I would say the third time hurt the most because it was through scar tissue. BUT - the pain was not that bad at all! Plus it is only when the needle goes through and it is over in a second. (I have to use baby needles when they draw blood LMAO). I say go for it. It will be over before you know it...and it will look good!
    Thanks, helped me out as well, lol.
    msjuiicyx3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2010, 01:45 PM
    I was Scared the frist time I was going but as she did it I laughed.
    The second time around, I wasn't So scared but when I got on the chair and laid back it actually did hurt because my skin was still hard from the frist time I had it.
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
    I think that it depends on the person and their pain tolerance, which is why places don't give straight answers. I am going to get mine redone and I am quite nervous because it hurt the first time I did it... and not to mention I got really faint about 10mins later. So this time, I'm going to take a water bottle with me. Lol.
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I JUST got my belly repierced today and it was not as bad as the first time. It was probably because I knew what to expect. My piercer was even surprised that I said it wasn't as bad because piercing through scar tissue is supposed to hurt more, but... like I said, probably depends on the person. So I guess, know what to expect. Keep reminding yourself how it was the first time you pierced it. I was saying, "ohh, it's gonna hurt, I know it will." But it was just fine. 1-2seconds of pain and it's over. Feels like you've never taken your belly ring out, feels like you didn't even pierce it. So, go for it. It's not so bad, I promise. :-D
    toniskeneX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
    I'm scared to get mine redone because I've grew I'm 12 :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do belly button piercings hurt? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm considering getting it done when I'm older but just wondering if it hurts, and what are the chances of it getting infected? X

Does a belly button ring hurt? [ 9 Answers ]

My b-day is a couple of months away I'm turning 13 and my mom said I could get a belly button ring I REALLY REALLY want one but I HATE needles and I want it but I don't want it to hurt it won't b hard for me to clean it I want to know for on a scale from 1 to 10 how bad does it hurt?? ...

Repiercing the belly button [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. I am just wondering if you can have your belly button repiereced a second time. About a year and a half ago I had my belly pierced for the first time and my body rejected the belly bar and it kepy being pushed out and eventually the bit of skin which holds the belly bar in broke and...

Repiercing my belly button [ 4 Answers ]

Sooo... my grandmother wouldn't let me pierce my belly button so I did it myself, but after about 4 months I took it out because I realized I didn't get enough skin pierced and I tried to let it heal up and then there was still the hole so I put the ring back it (it was tempting me out of my mind)...

Repiercing my belly button? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough...

View more questions Search