Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samwea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 09:07 PM
    What are my rights when my husband is on probation
    My husband is on probation, He is the only one working to take care of your family of 2 children and I. My ? Is that when they do home visits can they go through my things like my clothing, my night stand my personal things. Our children things there clothing. I don't want this to be a punichment to my children and I for my husband mess up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 09:14 PM

If he is living there, yes, they may search anywhere in the home. Most common place to hide weapons and drugs are in babies crib, inside babies teddy bears and more.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 09:20 PM

Probation or parole, probation is usually an office visit once a month or whatever his probation officer deems fit, probably depending on reason of probation. Of course they can visit your home if they feel they have a need to.

Parole is a different situation and would assume no search warrant would be needed to check his place of residence. Your husband would know these answers and if not, he has every right to ask parole/probation officer details and provide that information to you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 07:37 AM

When you husband was put on probation he signed a paper saying that the PO can in fact come to his residence and search it at any time the PO deems fit. That means the whole residence. They have the right to do this as he signed the paperwork giving them entrance/access to his residence without a search warrant.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:08 AM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Unfortunately, like all the others have said, the PO has every right to search anywhere and everywhere that they see fit. Like Fr_Chuck said, people are willing to sacrifice their children's safety and well-being if it means getting away with something. It's not meant to punish you or your children, although it can feel that way.

The best advice any of us can give is that you make sure your husband is being compliant with the PO. It makes his/her job easier and they appreciate that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband is on probation and he violated a little [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is on probation, and he was accused of stilling with a misdormeaner charge for first time ,what do you think ahappen he meet his probation every month on time and the probation got hold on him what you think will happen?:confused:

Probation rights violated? [ 4 Answers ]

:( I was wondering about my fiance's rights. He got a drunk driving and is in jail. The judge issued a 200.00 signature bond. All good but then his probation officer stepped in and held him. Ok, fine. The only thing is, he wanted to revoke himself and get the paperwork done so as not having to...

Husband not being extadicted on probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

Nebraska is not going to extradict my husband. So once I find out if we are able to bond him out of jail, until court hearing, for misdemeanor charges, what I'm wondering, is can polk county, here in Florida add more time to his probation, or will he just get time served, and jail time for...

Husband locked up on probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

my husband was charged wth 5 years probation for delivery of cocaine dec. 06 ot of Nebraska. He transferred out here, to polk county, Florida. p.o and sheriffs dept did random curfew check and searched house, and found his son's marijuana pipe and under agram of marijuana. He was arrested and has a...

Husband Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

In va he got chrg with unauthorize use of a bull dozer got 5 yrs and 4 yrs and 8 months suspended. He got 2 yrs supervised and 2 yrs unsupervised.he got out of jail 4 -2002 screwed up got a pv and then left before court so they chrged him with fail to appear then came back to va and didn't go...

View more questions Search