Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duzemonkey Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Do guys like smart girls?
    I was just wondering if guys like smart girls.
    I mostly get straight A's and am very proud of my marks.
    But I heard that some guys don't like smart girls. And that seems weird to me.
    It would be nice to hear from a few guys about this.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 19, 2008, 11:57 PM

Me personally after trying around and some hit and miss I prefer a smart woman. Not only do I know a well educated girl is more likely not to make stupid choices but I can actually have a conversation. Guys that don't like smart girls want dumb ones because they are much easier to take advantage of.
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 20, 2008, 05:39 AM

At least in the area I live in, guys tend to date smarter girls. Yes, with good looks, but not the ditzy "like oh em gee" kind of girls. Smarter girls have a lot more going for them then the less smart girls.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 05:49 AM
    I have always dated smart girls. I couldn't stand the 'ditzy' ones that were superficial. I ended up marrying a lawyer (but not because she is a lawyer mind you).
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Oct 20, 2008, 06:12 AM

Of course smart girl nobdy will say easly not smart girls the only guy who hi on smart girl is the guys who wants sex that is all every man who is smart will love to have girl like him who is smart , believe nobdy will say to you here I like un smart girl

Oct 20, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gara View Post
    of course smart girl nobdy will say easly not smart girls the only guy who hi on smart girl is the guys who wants sex that is all every man who is smart will love to have girl like him who is smart , believe nobdy will say to you here i like un smart girl
    So you date non-smart girls just to get laid? You're pathetic...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bural21 View Post
    So you date non-smart girls just to get laid? You're pathetic...
    You undertood his post? I couldn't figure it out at all.

Oct 20, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You undertood his post? I couldn't figure it out at all.
    From what I read, it seemed he's a shallow Hal... at least that's what I got.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 06:29 AM

I've learned, from my experiences, that I can no longer date girls who when asked what their favorite book was, would respond, "Clifford the Big Red Dog."

Am I looking to just have fun? Then, I couldn't care less, as long as the person is nice and overall has a good personality.

Am I looking for a girlfriend? That girl better have gone to a college that doesn't involve the word, "community"
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 08:48 AM

This question is another one of those questions we get here that sounds like it should have an answer... but doesn't. Not really.

Do guys like blonds?
    Yes... and no... and sometimes... and never... and always...

Are guys faithful?

Does he love me?

Do guys like smart girls?

What you need to keep in mind, duzemonkey, is that trying to understand other people's motivations in a global way won't work at all, on ANY topic.

Trying to analyze individual guys might be possible, but it's also not very important. It's not necessary.

A dumb guy, a smart guy, a jock, a nerd, a bohemian...any one of those boys could make an awesome/excellent boyfriend if they respect you and admire you and make your life more enjoyable when they're around you.

A dumb guy, a smart guy, a jock, a nerd, a bohemian...any one of those boys could make a horrible boyfriend if they put themselves and their like/dislikes over yours and put you down.

And most importantly of all, YOU can be a good or bad girlfriend to any one of them, too. YouR being smart could become a way for you to accidentally put down the boys you date, or even on purpose if you're angry about something. Remember that.

Being a good girlfriend is about taking an interest in someone and encouraging them in who they are. It's not really about finding someone as smart as you or dumber or anything in particular. It's about finding someone who makes you proud of yourself when you see yourself through your eyes... and also about someone you can make proud of themselves when they see themselves through your eyes.

Don't fret your smarts. That's there to help you get things done. It'll only be an issue with guys you shouldn't date anyway, or in your own head.
    ki6mst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 06:04 PM
    I'm a 6 foot stoner from California with an average gpa of 1.0. I have an A's in botany and horticulture, but that's probably only because my teacher lets me use my plants for experiments. Stoners don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to girls. Most of my buddies are dating sluts, but I'm not really into the whole herpes thing. I have a thing for smart girls who read big books. And that brings me to my next point...
    What are smart girls in to?
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 21, 2008, 06:18 PM

Smart girls are more intimidating then the ditzy ones. BUT, that doesn't mean us guys don't like you smart girls. Personally, I love it. We can do homework together without me having to teach the girlfriend, and smart girls don't ask stupid questions.

A lot of guys go for the stupid ones for the sex, as many have pointed out here before. If those are the guys you look at as potential boyfriends, forget them. Look for guys that date respectible girls.

Guys that like smart girls are definitely fewer than guys that will go for the dumb-blonde, especailly in the teenage years. But, they are out there!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ki6mst View Post
    im a 6 foot stoner from california with an average gpa of 1.0. i have an A's in botany and horticulture, but thats probably only because my teacher lets me use my plants for experiments. stoners don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to girls. most of my buddies are dating sluts, but im not really into the whole herpes thing. i have a thing for smart girls who read big books. and that brings me to my next point...
    what are smart girls in to?
    ... I feel that smart girls aren't really too into guys that could potentially end up with a drug charge.
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Oct 21, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Of body wish to get smart girl and every body knows that what kind of qustion is this what you up to any way?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Oct 23, 2008, 09:02 PM

Smart girls are much more intriguing than females that sit around and fiddle with their make up all day if you ask me.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:00 PM

Be yourself!
    I find people spend the first ten years of their lives living simply as they are,
    The next ten trying to hide it,
    And the rest trying to figure out what they knew when they were ten!
    dumb_girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Re: "Am I looking for a girlfriend? That girl better have gone to a college that doesn't involve the word, "community"."

Your loss.

The topic is intelligence, not financial means.

Although there are plenty of people smarter than I am, this is not due to the word community in my undergraduate college. I scored in the 96th percentile of the MCAT with only a community college education supplemented with self-study. I opted out of a bachelor's degree program. I am currently in my third year of medical school and doing quite well.

In my home state a community college offers classes at one tenth the price of four year state universities. The vast majority of students pursue their first years at a community college to circumvent some of the debt involved in pursuing education.

The way I see it, it is not dumb to spend less money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do guys like shy girls [ 27 Answers ]

Im 16 and I was just wondering If guys like shy girls. Im kind of shy and think guys won't like me cause I'm shy. But you tell me.

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

What do guys like about girls? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I can start dating now, don't ask why, but I'm not sure what guys like in girls or how to be a guys friend but not go out with them.:confused:

What do guys really like in girls [ 5 Answers ]

What do guys truly like in girls? I mean, I've read in magazines that guys like a lot of stuff but all my guy friends act totally different from what the magazine says.

What do girls want to here from guys. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: OK listen Im a 19yr old hot male and lonely... the prob is that Im just to quite... I mean girls say Im good looking all the time... when Im around them wordz just don't come out... I just get speechless... and when its quite things get a little awarded... I just don't know what to...

View more questions Search