Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camper52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Small slow moving bugs in kitchen and now in drawers.
    Hello,
    A few weeks ago, I noticed what I used to call 'wall bugs' in our kitchen. Since they seemed to be more prolific than I was used to, I began to investigate. I found about 30 under the stove and a few more under the dishwasher. Vaccuumed and bleached areas, vaccuumed all cabinets and inspected and bagged food stuffs, although I found none in food. We found a couple on the bathroom floors, and some in the closet floors along the carpet edges. I am so freaked out... then found a couple in my drawers, especially in an angora sweater. They are very small, move slowly and almost look like a flea, yet resemble pictures I have seen of dermisid larvae or carpet beetle larvae. We also see occasional indian meal moths (but very few this year). I am a clean freak and feel like the biggest pig... they seem to like to hang out in dust too. I clean and launder clothing constantly. What are they and what do I do now. The clothes thing has me really spooked, since I own some very expensive clothing, but take good care of it. Help please, before I have to sell my house in this rotten market!!
    camper52
    mama_meehan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 07:09 PM
    I have recently encountered the same bugs/worms- whatever they are all over my house and am also totally freaked out. I tried Ortho spray and they don't die on contact- in fact, they walked right through the sprayed area and were completely unaffected. I also tend to find them in dusty room edges, closets, drawers and they LOVE the pillows that I stored in the closet! EWWWW! Let me know if you find out what they are!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 02:00 AM
    Without a better description, identification isn't possibale. Most professional exterminators do not charge to come out and identify an insect. They will try to sell you a program to control whatever it is, but be sure to ask if there's anything you can do before they start on the sales pitch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink slow drain real slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

How do I unstop my kitchen sink with out calling a plummer to come out to charge me a arm and a leg to fix it.

Very slow water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

We're on a well. The bathroom sink fills 1/2 gallon in 20 seconds, the sink takes a full minute! Much too slow! Might it be a restrictor? A pipe with solder blocking water flow? Plumber charges over $100 an hour. Can I fix this myself? Thanks for your response.

Kitchen Sink Slow Draining [ 2 Answers ]

I have a double sink in my kitchen. When the 1st sink is plugged and is full with water and I begin to use the 2nd sink the water starts to back up. When I pull the plug on the 1st. Sink a large air bubble surfaces and the water starts to flow better in the 2nd sink. Both sinks join into one pipe...

Slow kitchen drain [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen drain will go down if I run the water slow but when the dish washer pumps the water out it backs up in the sink. The vent for the drain is under the sink with a cap on it. How do I fix it?

Kitchen sink slow to drain (sometimes) [ 2 Answers ]

So I just finished a total gut and redo in the kitchen. Everything is working perfectly (drains nice and clean, etc.) and I was happy of a job done right. My wife comes to tell me the sink is backed up and draining VERY slowly. I turn on the disposal and WHAM! The sink is empty again. I can...

View more questions Search