Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shegarbox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 09:39 AM
    NC residency
    What is the best way to keep NC residency if living part of the time in another state and have just married? I own 2 properties in NC, my car is reg. and my driver license is NC, and I am reg to vote in NC.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shegarbox View Post
    What is the best way to keep NC residency if living part of the time in another state and have just married? I own 2 properties in NC, my car is reg. and my driver license is NC, and I am reg to vote in NC.

Live there more than half the time and use NC as your legal (mailing) address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Residency? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm wondering what is dual residency? I recently decided to rent an apartment in PA for my job assignment in New York but my home is in Maryland. I'm not sure if this will be considered a PT resident in PA or dual residency? Any feedback is helpful! Thank you!

Residency Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a UK citizen and my husband is Turkish. We recently moved to the UK and my husband would like to apply for residency here. Does anyone know how long this usually takes, and how long we need to have been living in the UK together? Thanks juliko

H4 To F1 - Tax Residency Status [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was under H4 from 1999 to early 2007. In Mid 2007, I switched to F1. I received a Tax ID number while I was under H4. Now, my question is am I considered a resident for tax purposes for the year 2007? What about next year? My current status is F1. Thanks

My residency status [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my timeline: Jan 2001 to October 2005- F1 Student visa October 2005 to Present - H1B work visa Over the years, I have been filing 1040NR. But this year due to substantial presence test, I think I need to file 1040. Can someone please confirm?

First Timer and Residency [ 1 Answers ]

This is the first time I am filling out tax forms. I am trying to do it online but am getting nowhere. Most everything is fine but: In 2006 for the first part of the year I stayed at my mothers house in Freeport Illinois but did not work, then I went to Florida for a few months and worked, then...

View more questions Search