Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Wow! Since my last post here and as of the writing, "The Artist in you!" thread has increased from 21,072 views to 25,714! Not bad for a thread that has now been "closed" for a number of months! :)

By the way, this post is my "official" 10,000th post on this site! I wanted it to be on some thread that has great meaning to me! I know, a little quirky... :D
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Wow! Since my last post here and as of the writing, "The Artist in you!" thread has increased from 21,072 views to 25,714! Not bad for a thread that has now been "closed" for a number of months! :)

By the way, this post is my "official" 10,000th post on this site! I wanted it to be on some thread that has great meaning to me! I know, a little quirky... :D

"CONGRATULATIONS"
    for reaching so many people and giving them great advice and much needed assistance! Thank you for welcoming so many new posters to this site and always making me feel an integral part of something so incredibly far reaching! Great job Clough! :p
    yadiexxkrazy1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    At last I am posting the "surprise" that I had promised to a number of you almost three weeks ago!

This is a tribute to "The Artist in you!" thread as started by firmbeliever, who is a member of this site. Although that thread started out as being only about art in the visual sense on flat surfaces, it quickly evolved into including art concerning music, crafts, literary, furniture refinishing/restoration, woodcuts, photography, and that which concerned the theatrical arts. All of those types of art can overlap with and also compliment each other.

Because of the popularity of that thread and quality of various kinds of art that have been posted on it, I thought that it would be fitting to have some kind of index to it. Having something like that would be beneficial to the fine artists who have posted images on it who might want to cite references to what they have already done when helping other persons on other art type threads. I know that it has already happened where an artist who did post images on "The Artist in you!" thread was trying to tell someone where they had posted something on it, but couldn't remember where they had. Having this type of index should help. It would also be beneficial to have an index by subject of that thread. But, that would be something to be made on another thread.

This is still a work in progress, but I figured that I had better post something really soon before I leave for a few days for a three day gig and don't have any access to the Internet. It will still take some time to really complete it. I have already contacted all of those who have contributed images to that thread that this index has been made. Please let me know if what has been described about your art on a particular link could be worded better in some way and/or if a link doesn't work You could let me know in a reply on this thread or in a private message if you think something needs to be changed in some way.

If you would like to still comment on art that you might find on a particular link, please feel free to do so on this thread.

Thank you!

Clough
    I also agree.
    This site is aceptable to my people.
    That being so I aprove.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Thank you, yadiexxkrazy1! I'm glad that what you find here is something that you like!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 08:07 AM
    CAL... you have too many private messages in your PM box;) I was going to just say a little hello, but that is what it said. Hope to see you at some point when I have more time. I would love to know what is happening with you lately;) Se you later my friend...
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 02:58 AM
    I've also been wondering what has been up with Cal! I have been worried about him!
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Sep 23, 2008, 11:55 AM

i'mmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkk ^.^ ello everyone i missed you tehe
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 12:38 PM

WELCOME BACK, BiWi!! We've been kind of split up artistically around here, but hopefully it won't be like that much longer!
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Sep 23, 2008, 12:39 PM

We can hope ^.^
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Since fall is aproaching I am SURE this place will pick up;) Nice to see you BiWiccan
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 14, 2008, 10:05 PM

Heya all, sorry I've been gone so long. Is there a new art thread up?
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Nope, it just seems as though no one has had anything to share all summer;)
    I do know Jrebel has done a few things;)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 09:01 AM

COLOURlovers :: Login... I found this,& loved it.Hope you do too :).
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Firmy... what have you been doing? Miss you much and hope to catch up sometime. I am seriously thinking artsy for Christmas this year... I want the kids to help. Rebby, I still might use your plate idea;)
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    COLOURlovers :: Login .....I found this,& loved it.Hope you do too :).
    Awesome site firmy love it!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:29 AM

Thanks Kae,
    Hi Start,
    Sorry I had been blocked from getting into this site by my computer (dont ask me how,maybe I am paranoid :D) Finally I am able to log in after so long.. great to be back.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    Thanks Kae,
    Hi Start,
    Sorry I had been blocked from getting into this site by my computer (dont ask me how,maybe I am paranoid :D) Finally I am able to log in after so long..great to be back.
    Well I for one am glad you're back!
    ArielXu Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:30 PM

Hi, Clough. This week is too busy to be here.

In terms of the art, I think I am too young to comment, and I like to enjoy and admire it.

It's surprising that I got a comic book of Jimmy from my friend.

I always love his comic books very much, but I never buy any one. Because I think the beautifull comic book is suggested to be admired, not to be got.

o(∩_∩)o...
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Hi, ArielXu!

Some other time then to discuss things about art and music and learning Chinese!

Just as a reference for others here, ArielXu and I had a good conversation on the following thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/person...ng-275846.html
    ArielXu Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 01:01 AM

Hi, Clough, long time no conversation, hawhaw.

Call me Ariel just OK, and my family name is Xu, tsu or tsui.

Thank you for your attention to my questions and answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is the artist? [ 2 Answers ]

Boom, boom, boom. Let's go back to my room and we can party all night And I can make you feel right Boom Boom boom, etc. Who is the artist to this disco song?? Help! Thanks!:) :eek:

Where is the Artist in you? [ 188 Answers ]

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." (Tim McGraw) As a continuation of the Artist in you thread.... "Sometimes I look at a painting by another artist and I see a universal language that we're both trying to express. I...

The Artist in you! [ 1501 Answers ]

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures." - Henry Ward Beecher For all those who are creative in art- Be it painting in acrylics,oils,guache,crayons, pencils,pen,ink or charcoal. Or any other medium We would love to see your art!

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

View more questions Search