Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 14, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Where can I get my photos printed?
    Hello, I am a photographer or 4 years. I need to get my photos printed to a size of 12x12, for a meeting I have. Where can I get them printed to this size?

:cool:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrocket Away View Post
    Hello, I am a photographer or 4 years. I need to get my photos printed to a size of 12x12, for a meeting I have. Where can I get them printed to this size?

:cool:

Law firms use Kinko, if that helps.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 08:58 AM

Other places that deal with Blueprints/Engineering drawings can generally do it cheaper.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 06:33 AM

I've used Shutterfly - especially if the photo is digital. Shutterfly | Develop, Print & Share Digital Photos: Create Photo Gifts Online They are more private sector, but they work!
    Digipix Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Oct 18, 2008, 02:13 PM

I would recommend going into a photography store and asking. If you do it online you can't actually see the results before you pay, but that's just me. I am not sure where you are in the world but I go to the same places where I collect my professional film. They can enlarge any image to whatever size you want and frame or print 500 copies if you want. I just prefer to use the services of a professional photo place because I can see the photos and touch them first, before paying.
    I hope this helps.
    Amy
    www.DigitalPhotographySuccess.com
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2008, 08:41 AM

Costco makes prints in-store sizes up to 12x18. Crop or resize your image to a 12x12 square. Create a new image that is 12x18, and copy your 12x12 image into this new image so that it has a white area on one side. If you use Photoshop you can also use Image -> Canvas Size, and resize from 12x12 to 12x18 in one step - it will make the file larger and center your photo in the 12x18 file.

Then upload to the Costco photo center website and order a 12x18 print for $2.99 per print. Costco can trim the print to 12x12 for no extra charge.

If you aren't a Costco member, see if another local store like Sam's Club, or Walmart or your local photo store offers prints at 12x18. Follow the same steps to make the 12x12 image and then copy it into a 12x18 file.

If you don't have a local store, most online sites also offer 12x18 prints. You can also get 12x12 prints (and dozens of other print sizes and products) from sites like Smugmug. Use coupon code Rj4IWoed1h9YM to save $5 on a Smugmug account.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 12:08 AM

jcdill,
    How do you feel about Bay Photo?
    asking
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Nov 1, 2008, 01:10 AM

asking,

I haven't used Bay Photo in many years. The last time I used them was in the film days. They were great then. Many pro photographers use them now - they still have a good reputation. However, they are a lot more expensive than Costco - a 12x18 print is $2.99 at Costco, and more than 3 times the cost at over $10.00 at Bay Photo.

The most important thing is to calibrate your monitor. If you don't calibrate your monitor there's no point in using an expensive lab, because there's no way they can magically make the print match what you see on your monitor if you don't use a calibrated monitor.
    jackson2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 11:00 PM

I am a photographer and I use mpix.com I have always had excellent prints from this company and they ship very very fast. I have yet to be dissapointed. They print in all sizes and shapes too.
    sophiajames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 01:46 AM
    Hi,

It is very easy to get your photos printed now days. You can even place your order online for your photo prints and you will get yours prints at your doorstep. So just start searching online who can print your photos with high quality and resolution.

Examples of some very good online companies which are offering these kinds of services are magnipic.com site, uprinting.com, 4over.com etc. So you can give it a try as per your requirement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you have 3 Copies of blueprints printed if the plans weren't finished yet? [ 10 Answers ]

Would an architect who truly believed that the house plans he had designed for a client were not finished--in that they still needed to have structural engineering done by a licensed engineer on a major site-built truss--send the blueprints to the printer and have 3 complete copies of the entire 11...

$1 printed with corner folded over [ 16 Answers ]

My sister who lives in TN has a 1995 $1 that was printed with the corner folded. Any ideas as to the value... we know nothing on the subject. Also, if she decides to sell, what is the best way to go about it so as to not be taken advantage of? Thank you. Tiger

My local bank made a mistake on my printed checks. [ 5 Answers ]

Additionally, the bank charged me for checks, even though the order was supposed to be complimentary for customers opening a new checking account. How would I draft a letter that allows me irritation to work for, rather than against, me?

Peacocks & Pines fabric Printed in England for Warner & Sons [ 2 Answers ]

Good day. I have some fabric with "'Peacocks & Pines' printed in England for Warner & Sons limited from the Mandarin Tree Collection copyright by gruff" printed along the salvage edge. I've found some information on Warner & Sons in that it was a textile factory which came about in 1870, but...

Cards never printed [ 2 Answers ]

Here are some greeting cards never printed for sale: My tire was thumping. I thought it was flat When I looked at the tire... I noticed your cat. Sorry! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View more questions Search