Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pierantjc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Installation Procedures for draft inducer on Goodman
    My HVAC contractor identified that the draft inducer motor had seized on my Goodman furnace (this after he just replaced the blower motor this past April). I researched the replacement part after he gave me a quote and I would like to avoid his supplier's markup on the replacement motor, and possily the labor costs for the installation.

I have two questions for the forum. First, I am fairly handy with electric, having run electric for ceiling fans and other fixtures throughout my house, as well as having replaced the pump for the hot tub. Having taken a look at the motor within the furnace, it looks like a fairly simple (famous last words) procedure to replace it. Would you recommend that a do-it-yourselfer replace this motor?

Second, is there an installation manual for the motor? I do not have the Goodman model number for the furnace handy, but the inducer motor is a FASCO 7021-9087. I ordered a fully assembled FASCO A140 replacement motor, which, I'm told, is the replacement for the 7021-9087.

Thanks in advance.
    Brando999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 07:49 PM

Exactly what happened to me this week. I found a good deal on one after the repairman wanted to charge me 400 bucks for one. Got it in the mail yesterday, but can't figure out how to hook it back up. Has anyone e mailed you or have you figured it out yet?
    pierantjc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 09:51 AM
    I received the fan in the mail on Friday and installed it in about 30 minutes yesterday. I was working on a Goodman model furnace and the fan to be replaced was very accessible once I removed the side panel. Once installed, the fan worked and the furnace kicked on the very time I started it up.

The procedure was fairly straightforward. I loosened the screws on the clamps that held the PVC exhaust pipe to the exhaust of the fan. Removed the two leads (purple in my furnace) from some type of sensor on the fan. Removed the black and white leads from the fan from the clips that led to the black and white leads from the mother board in the other compartment of the furnace. Removed the green ground wire from the screw to which it was attached. Then, removed the three screws holding the fan in place. There were also two drainage hoses connected to the fan. One had a clamp (used needlenose pliers to remove), the other did not. Removed both hoses, and pulled the old fan out. I put the new fan in and reconncted everything in the same fashion that it was originally connected. I also used a cable tie to secure all of the wires within the furnace. I also used some electrical tape around of the leads that had some exposed wire.

Oh, I guess I should mention that I had everything off on the thermostat (system off and fan off), and the kill switch to the furnace was off as well. Also turned off the dial-switch for the gas. That switch was right next to the compartment with the fan.

I wasn't able to find an installation manual, but I did find the following website (which doesn't give specifics on the fan, but has installation procedures for the whole furnace).

Furnace Info

I ordered the fan from the electric motor warehouse. I searched on the model number of the FASCO fan that went bad.

Electric Motor Warehouse * Electric Motors * Swimming Pool Pump * Spa Pumps
    TONYA2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
    I can't feel no heat coming ut what's wrong

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inducer (Draft) Motor constantly on - Lennox UHG80-100 [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace's draft motor never stops even after one full heating cycle, which it's supposed to stop! This causes the pressure switch to stay closed even after the thermostat calls for heat the second time (after the initial heat cycle). When I stop and start the main switch in my basement,...

Goodman Inducer Motor [ 18 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace installed in 1997 and have been experiencing the following problems: The usual run for the furnace has been inducer motor on, ignition (with flames), and then the blower motor comes on. I have been having the inducer motor come on, run for about three minutes,...

No voltage to my draft inducer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol Furnace that will not start up. I pulled of the tube from the draft inducer to the pressure switch. I sucked on the tube and the furnace fired up. So I checked the voltage going to the draft inducer, it read only 6v ac. Where do I go from here?

Goodman furnace induced draft motor [ 3 Answers ]

On a call for heat the draft motor starts but the air proving switch does not close. I replaced it with the same result. Everything works normally if I close the switch manually with my own air pressure. Someone told me that somethimes the motor, due to age (this one is 13 years) will not spin fast...

Goodman inducer motors [ 3 Answers ]

Any service guys out there. I can't fiqure this one out. I just installed this 90plus furnace last yr barley used in a guest house in n.c. system ran fine never turned on just when needed for winter in the basement cause the temp in charlotte nc is warm mosly around the whole yr. went to turn...

View more questions Search