Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrgazer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending
    Hello there -

I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of being labeled with something and then told to try some new med/prescription. I've already been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I've come to terms with it but this is newest thing is pretty recently (this past year or a little longer).

My thoughts are constantly going. I'm having a hard time controlling them and they seem to be controlling my emotions and reactions. It's definitely getting old and I find myself wishing I could take my brain out just to get a rest from the constant ongoing thoughts.

People are always making jokes "what are you thinking about? You're ALWAYS thinking about something..." and its hard because I wish I wasn't ALWAYS thinking something. I need a rest from thinking! I did find a method to help if it becomes too over whelming. I partake in cannibis use, but it doesn't always fit nicely into my lifestyle. Very religious backgrounds - not okay with cannibis. Parents, by the book on everything - not okay at all with cannibis. Doctors, think the worst of it and think I'm an addict - not okay with cannibis. My profession - Not okay with cannibis.

But this seems to be the only thing that keeps my brain from constantly ticking away. I just want a break. By 7 pm I'm exhausted (not physically - but emotionally and mentally). I recently found out I might have an ulcer - due to stress. But I didn't think I had any stress other then this inner battle I have with myself... day after day after day.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? KNOW ANYONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS?? Please give me any advice you can! Its getting too much for me to handle and I feel like I'm losing control of my thoughts.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starrgazer View Post
    Hello there -

I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. about this because I've tried but everytime I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch., parents..) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of being labeled with something and then told to try some new med/prescription. I've already been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I've come to terms with it but this is newest thing is pretty recently (this past year or a little longer).

My thoughts are constantly going. I'm having a hard time controlling them and they seem to be controlling my emotions and reactions. It's definitely getting old and I find myself wishing I could take my brain out just to get a rest from the constant ongoing thoughts.

People are always making jokes "what are you thinking about? You're ALWAYS thinking about something..." and its hard because I wish I wasn't ALWAYS thinking something. I need a rest from thinking!! I did find a method to help if it becomes too over whelming. I partake in cannibis use, but it doesn't always fit nicely into my lifestyle. Very religious backgrounds - not okay with cannibis. Parents, by the book on everything - not okay at all with cannibis. Doctors, think the worst of it and think i'm an addict - not okay with cannibis. My profession - Not okay with cannibis.

But this seems to be the only thing that keeps my brain from constantly ticking away. I just want a break. By 7 pm I'm exhausted (not physically - but emotionally and mentally). I recently found out I might have an ulcer - due to stress. But I didn't think I had any stress other then this inner battle I have with myself...day after day after day.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?? KNOW ANYONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS??? Please give me any advice you can! Its getting too much for me to handle and I feel like I'm losing control of my thoughts.

I know you're about done with Doctors - or so I think! - but my neighbor is diagnosed bipolar and this is EXACTLY how she describes her manic episodes. She says her mind keeps racing, she keeps having random thoughts, sort of can't stop thinking long enough to sleep. She doesn't have threatening or strange thoughts, she says her mind is just set on "high." How odd - she used almost exactly your words. She doesn't have the high highs and low lows since she's on medication and if you talk to her during an episode she simply seems preoccupied.

The solution for her has been her medication which keeps her mind from racing.

I know she spent a long time before she was diagnosed and I know alcohol intensifies her symptoms - don't know about pot.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:08 PM

I'm curious, how old are you? Are you going to school at all?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 06:19 PM

I highly recommend that you go to Narcotics Anonymous and get a program, a framework on which to base your life.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    starrgazer agrees: I was wondering if it was Bipolar related - your friends experiences are similar, this helps..[/QUOTE]

Have you tried different medications? I know she tried several, several strengths, various combinations, before she hit the combination which works for her.

And I just wanted to add that she's very creative and clever, that her thoughts aren't frightening or off the wall - it's just like her mind is in high gear. She also has trouble sleeping because of that and has some mild sedative that she CAN take before bedtime if she thinks she's going to have a rough night.

It's surprising (I guess) because she doesn't have maniac or depressive epidodes, she is just troubled by the mind racing problem. I guess she did when she was younger but has grown out of the high highs and low lows.
    matt1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 02:20 AM
    Hey I'm 24 Ive been struggling with my constant thoughts for almost 4 years now. I was diagnosed with anxiety and I can live with that but like you it seems imposible to accept that my mind never stop ticking over with random and non stop thoughts. I find to hard to watch a movie or listen to music and it's also pretty tricky to take in new information because it's so hard to focus on anything when I'm always thinking. I take medication to sleep at night and when I wake it feels like every posible thought that could be thought has gone though my head 5 times over all while I'm sound asleep. Ive found that my constant thinking gets louder when I'm having a shower or if I have earphones in my ear listening to music. Alcohol seems to work a little bit in eassing the pressure but as every one knows we can't drink all day every day . Other then that I have found no answer from the net, doctors, medication, books or any type of drugs. If you are still suffering from this or you have found any way out please let know!! Thanks :)

Ps . If any body has any answers to this or it would even help to hear your story just fire away.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 18, 2010, 09:24 AM

Try to meditate and relax yourself sometimes. Now, as mentioned, this could be due to one of your conditions, and you really should just consult your doctor if you think it could be. It also sounds like a bit of OCD, although I cannot diagnose you, just because you describe having obsessive thoughts. What are some of the thoughts you are having? Your doctor can really help you figure out if you are having them just due to one of your conditions or something else. But for now, I would suggest meditating to help you. Good luck!
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 18, 2010, 09:26 AM

I also see you say "newest problem" and you do say some of yours, but if I can ask, what are all of them?
    Thanks.
    annba Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 11:46 AM
    I never had this problem until I get sick with a cold etc. and have to take medications. I already take an anti-depressant for pre menapause and one for anxiety. However, I rarely have had to take the anxiety meds until this constant thinking happens to me. I constantly wonder how am I going to feel in 5 min or the next day or can I possibly have fun anymore or I get a since of dred. I have had this happen to me 3 other times and each has been after I have taken over the counter meds for colds.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:57 PM

Have you spoken to a Pharmacist or your Physician about combining medications? That very probably is the cause of your problem - not all medication is safe when used in combination with another medication.
    wowman5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 11:27 AM
    I have felt this way for a very long time to long to remember, my thoughts go and go and go and its like man I really wish I could stop thing so I could enjoy this movie I'm trying to watch but I always seem to space out and be of in another world deep in thought, and a little poke from the wife brings me back, I just don't know who to talk to :(
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 12:22 PM

Have you spoken to anyone about this?

I have an adult friend who very recently became concerned about almost this same issue. She went to a Doctor and was told she has ADULT attention deficit disorder. She's on medication and can't believe the change for the better.
    Mastermind4464 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
    Hey I just want all you out there to know that someone out there understands.

I want to share some of my thoughts I've just recently written down. I haven't finished all my thoughts and it is not nearly close to how I have thought but it is close enough for you to get a feeling of how I think.
    It's kind of like poetry.

Running backwards in time, The constant thoughts of mine, Never leaving my mind, I am no longer blind, I can see you're sad inside, But you hold your head up high, You mask your emotions and set them aside, How long can you hide?You made it through the day, The answers you have claimed, One step closer again, the problems are here to stay, There is fear in your eyes, The distraction in your mind, Can you see through the lies, Do you understand the crime? Stay still in time, Where nothing is fine, Lost in translation, From your own creation, Lets try once more, Look deep into the core, Have you come to the conclusion, Nothing makes sense anymore? Can you go on when its not all right, Does it matter if you lose the fight? This can't be real, There must be more to feel, This can't be what's left, Take a deep breath, Lets go for a ride, Leave emotions to the side, I'm ready to go, I think I'm going to explode, People all around Their thoughts heard out loud, Confusion is in the air, No one is aware, I can see it clear as day, Don't know what to say, Most don't understand, It's hard to comprehend, It doesn't matter in the end, I'll try and be your friend, The ignorance that I see, Has left me to believe, You don't care about a thing, I wish I didn't care about anything, Addicted to wasting you time, You know what true, Try not to care, Waiting patiently for something to cross the circle, I know its going to snap, Time to sit in time, Soon I'll be on my next path,Peace is who I am, War is what I see, Heart is what I have, Hate is within me, These words are all the same, Making sense of nothing, Simple is what I aim for, Complicated is what I get,Pretending is what we do, Trust is what we want, Unity is what we need, Mutiny is what will be, These words are for the good, What the wise have understood, Suffering is how we learn, Experience is what we get, Hope helps us through, Patience is the key, Solution is what I search for, Problems are on my mind, Figuring out nothing all of the time, Living life in my mind, I think it's time to take a break off a time, If the little I say, you do not understand, Give it some thought and care about a man, What I learn is real, What I see is fake, What's fake is real, All that is real is fake, It is easy to judge, When you think you know, From where your standing, How they put on their show, You are them, They are not you, Except who you are, It's the only way to make it through, Who you are is what you say you are, If what you are, you do not like. It's easy to figure out how to make it right, Change is good, It's how we live, If not capable, First step is to forgive, Peace in mind is what I aim for, Waiting patiently to make my way through the doors, Aware of my surroundings, As much As I can, It's my turn to watch and understand, Next step is to act on my command, How you show yourself is important, What people see will change the way things happen, Control is what they'll do, But you can do it too, It's not changing who you are, But subtracting what you do, Be yourself is what they say. According to the outcast it's not okay, Don't try to hard for far too long, For you will fall and lose it all, Your suffer will go on, But when it is over you can only be strong, Don't be the best, But do your best, You can't be everything in the world, But you can be anything in the world,As soon as I though I wasn't blind, Something snapped in my mind, I lost what I found, Letting guidance from inner self conscious lead the way, Falling into my creation, That can overcome a man with too much concentration, If you understand me let me know, From What I understand this is my world, I can come on top if I am strong, First I want to know if I can be found, Can you really tell me who I am, If I can't tell me who I am, Do you care who I am, Should I create me, So that the world can see, That I'm more then nothing, Does what I say now, Let you see that I am something, Never ending nothing, Always coming something, I can do what I want, But can't stop what I do, If I am strong, But you are weak, Together we fall, For it's my job to build you all.

That's all I wrote down so far but I just wrote that starting three days ago till now. (: Thank you
    Josh Mastermind
    x114Coded Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 01:26 AM
    I've thought at the rate described in the original post since I was 10, I'm 18 now. I'm tired, and its funny though.. I was raised chrisitan for 15 years, but had struggled with religion since I was 10. I am no longer christian, but I have decided my own faith, or rather understanding.. anyway its funny how similar our stories are, and how the only solution is cannabis. I know I am not bipolar, and can always control myself, but not the thoughts(or rather the FLOW of thoughts) Only pot, and synthetic(Spice) can keep the flow to a non tiring level. Oh, also MDMA or also known as ecstasy. That created a thought flow, but it was the most positive one I have had(it reminded me of thought before it was tiring.. before this whole thing) I actually tried it for the first time about 6 months ago, and have again 3 times since, the thoughts are so clear.. well, having thought like this for 8 years, smoking for 3(age 15) I have found that sober, I become depressed after a week of being sober.. I just want it to stop... 8 years and going, depression comes faster as time goes on, I just get so tired, emotionally(all the thoughts carry emotions) and mentally.. I feel like I just got done studying for a test the night before for 5 hours straight, all the time. This is a wide spread and uncaught problem... sleeping is so hard because I can't sleep until I've been lying in bed for hours trying to sleep.. best solution for that without smokes is counting sheep.. sleeping, drugs, or death, the only things that stop it.. . Id like to talk to someone who I can truthfully relate to with this condition so email me please.. {e-mail removed} thanks for reading.
    vernala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Hello, I seem to be having a similar issue, or have been for as long as I can remember. Its very hard to deal with having constant thinking, especially when your trying to sleep and are in fact tired but spend the whole night up having ridiculous thinking episodes. My way of dealing with it for the last decade or so has been watching movies, playing video games or anything that can keep my mind occupied. Usually reading doesn't help unless I happen to find a book that truly keeps me enthralled. I was diagnosed with adhd as a very young child in the late 80's and was medicated with all sorts of things. I started refusing the medications when I reached about the age of 14 and have stayed away from them ever since. My reactions to medication include a zombie like feeling or total thoughtlessness, which is unbelievably worse then having constant thought. I used to smoke marijuana as a teenager a lot, and it did help give my mind a break from the constant thought. But back then the thinking wasn't as much as an issue. Now I have had to stop using marijuana as a result of increased anxiety attacks, although I made great effort to control my thinking during them. Now I run a business and I find myself laying awake at night watching movies, still unable to sleep, regardless of the fact that I know I have to wake early in the morning and open my store. Ive tried taking small doses of NyQuil and it works like a charm, however I know its unhealthy at least in some ways. I would love a solution to this or any tips anyone can share however I'm afraid the usual "go get some meds" will not work in my case. Its truly incredible the amount of thought I have put into the side effects of such medications, and research and I would have to say that although it seems to have helped at least one of my friends it has not had a good effect on me. I would suggest that anyone taking such medications do a few Google searches on such addictions as to adderall. Or perhaps find a miracle working doctor who has enough guts to admit the side effects. As far as being locked in this world of constant thought, It has certainly helped me career wise and so on. I can spend more time over thinking my sales process then the average human being that's for sure. It did not on the other hand help me much in college since whenever I am bored I tend to get lost in thought on other subjects and school can be quite boring. On the other hand when I fuond myself in school learning subjects that interested me I did incredibly well. This can always be a strain on someone's personal life. I have had a troubled love life and luckily found someone tolerant enough to put up with me. Im now engaged to be married, yet I know my lover doesn't have the capacity to help me when I get into these thinking fits. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this and offer this advice, If your stuck on a thinking spree use it to your advantage as much as possible go learn something and take yourself to the next level, think about your job and try to improve on it. That thought process has gotten me far and I have achieved more with it then I have in anything else I have ever done. I know that most likely someone who experiences this feels very alone so it is comforting to know that other people suffer from the same thing. But feeling alone I believe is part of humanity in itself. I have a feeling that when my anger gets out of control it is linked to this, but I have made great efforts to control it, despite the onslaught of over thinking every aspect of an argument and being unable to "drop it"
    The best thing I've found with that is to find a way to look on the bright side and find someone who can somehow tolerate it. Good luck to everyone.
    Tps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Try to ask your doctor and zoloft, it worked well for me for several years. It changed my life. All the worring and constant thougts went away, the medicine started to get use to my system and stopped. I am was on xanax after that, a lot of people it's addictive but if you take it like you suppose to you will be all right, xanax worked for several years as well. Now I'm taking clonapin and doing fine. The reason I been on several different anxiety meds is because they get use to your system and stop working. But if you really want to feel better you need to see your doctor.

I hope my advice helped you a lot, I've been on depressant meds since I was 26 and now I'm 52 and still have all my mental and physical intact.
    constantthought Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starrgazer View Post
    Hello there -

I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch., parents..) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of being labeled with something and then told to try some new med/prescription. I've already been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I've come to terms with it but this is newest thing is pretty recently (this past year or a little longer).

People are always making jokes "what are you thinking about? You're ALWAYS thinking about something..." and its hard because I wish I wasn't ALWAYS thinking something. I need a rest from thinking! I did find a method to help if it becomes too over whelming. I partake in cannibis use, but it doesn't always fit nicely into my lifestyle. Very religious backgrounds - not okay with cannibis. Parents, by the book on everything - not okay at all with cannibis. Doctors, think the worst of it and think I'm an addict - not okay with cannibis. My profession - Not okay with cannibis.

But this seems to be the only thing that keeps my brain from constantly ticking away. I just want a break. By 7 pm I'm exhausted (not physically - but emotionally and mentally). I recently found out I might have an ulcer - due to stress. But I didn't think I had any stress other then this inner battle I have with myself...day after day after day.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? KNOW ANYONE WHO IS GOING THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS? Please give me any advice you can! Its getting too much for me to handle and I feel like I'm losing control of my thoughts.
    I have the same problem, I'm in 10th grade now this year, and when I was in 6th my teacher told my mom I had problems, like adhd. I never liked this teacher again. I smoked for 2 years, and was perfect, cause I did my own thing by myself ( adult wise ). I woke up took my dog out and my mom looks at my when I was opening the door and she said you need therapy out of the blue. Since I been doing my own thing, nights she would say I'm depressed, or anti social or bipolar, she says I'm the same as her. I know I'm not any of these. I just wanted her to stop talking to me for one more day and then she decided that day to take me to a mental hospital, on the way there I made the statement cause I thought I was going away for a long time, and I said I'm going to jump into the simi to scare my dad out of love for taking me away for ever. NEVER THAT I WOULD. He signed me in for making a suicide threat to myself, I had no idea what was going on before or in the hospital. They put me on ing anti depressants and mood behavior pills, and before the hospitalization I didn't like anyone under medicine. PILLS ARE NOT MY THING! And in the hospital I got put on some ad and mb pills, and now I'm stuck having thoughts all the time, because I know those pills were in me up. I also mentioned I don't need them, but ofc everyone else says that does so I was ed there. Now I'm not taking them and trying to live my life everyday but IM ALWAYS THINKING!
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by constantthought View Post
    I have the same problem, I'm in 10th grade now this year, and when I was in 6th my teacher told my mom I had problems, like adhd. I never liked this teacher again. I smoked for 2 years, and was perfect, cause I did my own thing by my self ( adult wise ). I woke up took my dog out and my mom looks at my when I was openin the door and she said you need therapy out of the blue. Since I been doin my own thing, nights she would say I'm depressed, or anti social or bipolar, she says im the same as her. I know I'm not any of these. I just wanted her to stop talkin to me for one more day and then she decided that day to take me to a mental hospital, on the way there I made the statement cause I thought I was going away for a long time, and I said I'm goin to jump into the simi to scare my dad out of love for takin me away for ever. NEVER THAT I WOULD. He signed me in for makin a sucide threat to my self, I had no idea what was goin on before or in the hospital. They put me on ing anti depressants and mood behavior pills, and before the hospitalization I didn't like anyone under medicine. PILLS ARE NOT MY THING! And in the hospital I got put on some ad and mb pills, and now I'm stuck having thoughts all the time, because I know those pills were in me up. I also mentioned I dont need em, but ofc everyone else says that does so I was ed there. Now I'm not takin em and tryin to live my life everyday but IM ALWAYS THINKING!

Maybe pills "aren't your thing" but it would appear that medical professionals thought they should be. A medical professional also has to admit you OR there needs to be a Court Order.

What was the "adult thing" you did by yourself?

Threatening to commit suicide is NOT the way to prove you don't have problems - but you've probably already figured that out.

Are you saying you have recurring thoughts that you cannot control?
    helpmewiththink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Yeah, pills aren't and yes susposely, they had thought that cause dad signed me in the place for suicide on the way there, because of simi if you reread conversation, I just handled myself as the adult thing. No duh, I wasn't doing it cause I didn't have any problems, It was out of trying to scare my dad with my love of not knowing what the was going on. And like I have thoughts all the time, 24/7 basically. And then I have bad recurring thoughts. And its just thoughts I Don't WANT! It's cause my life to up. I can't really have fun no more, and I would really like to stop these thoughts. And this is all after the doctor had suggested me on those goddamn pills. Before that, I was good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Constant recurring thoughts.can't stop thinking about it [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old straight male. 4 years ago I had a same-sex experience. I felt bad for doing it but never really dwelled on it. I realized I had made a mistake and never went back to doing that again. I remain friends with the guy to this day. We never brought it back up. We continued to...

Just want your thoughts! [ 66 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Most of you know me pretty well by now, others won't. I'm sure you know how to get my story if need be. Anyway I just wanted to ask you all your thoughts on somehting that I have been thinking about the last couple of days. I have been going along great since the break up with...

Second thoughts [ 19 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm eighteen, I have no support from my family, I don't have a decent job, I don't have a steady, or stable home, and I'm eight months pregnant. I already picked out a nice family that will be able to spoil him, and give him everything he'll ever need. So what's the problem...

View more questions Search