Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alih786 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Cant play mp3 on car stereo
    First of all, I have loads of mp3 files saved on the PC and I want to save all of them on cd disk and play them on the car stereo.

OK, now, my car Definitely DOES support mp3. I have checked it in the manual. I have tried many ways of burning and saving, and still I get nowhere.

Iso 9660 - is the file I use to save the mp3's to cd. I have made a data cd disk with mp3 files, and also a normal mp3 disk. And I have used nero to do all of this, still I can't play the mp3 files on the car stereo, instead it comes with a message: 'Error CD' and then ejects the disk.

The type of disk I use to burn is CD-RW.
    Nero 6 is the burning software I use

What else can I try, I have tried everything there is, even on the car and on the manual says the car plays mp3 disks. The car stereo player has this writton: CD30.

Can anyone help?? Ps. Once again the car cd player does support mp3, it says it in the manual.
    AllIsOne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Hey there alih786, from the research I've done... (for I was wondering the same thing) it seems that it depends on the type of disk you burn the music onto, you used a "data cd disk with mp3 files" (AKA a plain ol' CD-R), Where you need to use Music CD-Rs instead, which have special code on them that allows the player to recognize it (making them more expensive). Hope that helps :) I got the info from:
    HelpLine: What's the difference between CD-R audio & data disks?
    Difference between a Data CD-R and a Music CD-R - Club CDFreaks - Knowledge is Power
    Audio Disk vs. Data Disk - Official Nero Forum

PS: I have heard a rumor that there is a way around this... which I am investigating now :cool:

Peace
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 11:22 AM

Don't use CD-RWs, use CD+Rs instead. Although unlikely, it is possible that a CD+R reader may have trouble reading CD-RWs.

Also, use InfraRecorder instead of Nero. It's fast, open source and free
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 10, 2008, 11:29 AM

If you are using CD/RWs especially when formatted as RWs they won't work. You need to use Cd/Rs.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 12:05 PM

Aaand... if you have itunes there's a way to burn music as an audio cd rather than mp3 files. I've tried that in my car stereo which does not support mp3 formats and it worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Stereo ark [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stock stereo in my car lately I can here the engine rpms there the radio and some times hard popping static I looked at the wires can't find anything wrong

View more questions Search