Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanichols03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Married parents paying college tuition for children over age 18
    non married or divorced fathers are required to pay child support and college expenses for children after the age of 18 as long as they are attending college. oes anyone know if there is such a law that requires married parents to support their children once over the age of 18 if they choose to attend college?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 10:48 PM

Even unmarried/divorced parent's aren't responsible for paying all of college. In fact a lot of times it it only support that is ordered to continue unless in the divorce papers it states otherwise. But to answer your question no you aren't required to pay for your child's college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex not paying college tuition? [ 3 Answers ]

Can my ex refuse to pay for our son's college tuition even though it is in the divorce that we each pay 50%? He says he doesn't have the money and probably can't get a loan due to negative equity on his house... Is it worth it to take him to court?

College Tuition Laws for parents [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of CA, is a divorced parent legally responsible to pay college tuition through any know family laws?

Divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in California [ 3 Answers ]

Hi In my divorce decree done in 1990, payment for college tuition was left up to the jurisdiction of the court. My child is 18 and going to an expensive university in the fall. We have joint legal and visitation custody. Unfortunately, the father exercises no visitation with our child. My...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

Paying fiancŽ's Tuition? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a graduate student and am engaged to be married in August of this year, 2006. The only debt I currently have are undergraduate student loans. I have a small amount of savings and am able to support myself while going to graduate school without taking out more loans. My fiancé...

View more questions Search